Hi, I had physical and neurological examination last week, and I was diagnosed with neuropathy. It affected my feet and I feel tingling, burning and pain. It would be helpful if heard some other experiences with neuropathy. Thank you.

Hi, I had the same feeling in my hands. Burning sensation with tingling started spreading through my hands. Soon after that, some other symptoms appeared as well. I felt numbness and pain, and then I decided to visit a doctor. I was surprised when he diagnosed me with neuropathy. He told me to use medications for relieving pain, and prescribed me some strong opioid analgesics. Beside that, he told me to use gabapentin, one of the best anticonvulsants. After physical and neurological examination, electromyography and nerve conduction velocity studies the cause of my neuropathy was found. It turned out that I had a nerve damage that led to peripheral neuropathy in my hands.

I have diabetic neuropathy in my legs and feet. It causes severe pain, esp at night when laying in bed. It is so painful that I have problems sleeping and it is progressively getting worse. I currently take neurontin for mine and it helps wonders! With the neurontin you get lack of sensation in your legs/feet so have to be careful when showering or taking a bath!! Good luck.

Jeannine