Hi, am 59 years old, and I suffer from neuropathy. I have an extreme pain in my feet, and drugs that were prescribed to me, don’t have effect any more. I really need a neuropathy pain relief. Can anyone recommend me some drugs?

Hi, I know how it looks like! My mother is about same age as you, and is going crazy because of the pain. She has neuropathy, with unknown cause, so she doesn’t know what exactly to treat. She can only try to relief the pain. First, she used some antidepressants that doctor prescribed her, but they didn’t help her at all. Few days ago, she asked for other medicines, and she got some anticonvulsants. I think the drug’s name is gabapentin. I really hope it will help her. You could try it too. There are also some other options for the neuropathy pain relief, like sodium channel blockers.

I personally take Neurontin (gabapentin) for my neuropathy in my legs/feet. It works wonders for me! Just be careful with bathing and hot water when you are on it...it dulls the nerves/feeling. Good luck.

Jeannine

My Doctor prescribed me Gabapentin for my diabetic Neuropathy, which really burns and is painful. I have it bad in my hands too. Gabapentin really works. 600mgs in the morning noon and night. XD

I have been on gabapentin for years and it did help for several years, now I am at the point where I am searching for better narcotics.

I have to say that this sucks! >;)

I take Gabapentin. 600-mg 4 or 5 times a day... it dulls the pain but does not eliminate it.. Now trying Cymbalta... just started yesterday... Nerve specialist prescribed it, I know it's an anti depressant...... I've heard some kind of hot pepper rub exists but
don't know what it is or if it works... He said he is going to try one thing at a time... I've had neuropathy for years.... I will have to wait and see. Got any other help?