I have them as well. I wonder if it is the water, I am on a nitro patch, and take other heart medicine, so I thought this thing came because of meds. I am now having these dejavu episodes about 3 times a week. And the one that I had at work today, started on my way to work today, and kind of influenced my whole day. The nausea that I get comes right after a some sort of private moving picture. Or if I am watching TV - whatever they say triggers a degavu time.

What do we all have in common? Did you all do well in school? Are you ex-pot smokers?

Do you have an update on this? figured anything out yet? I am experiencing the same thing, and I don't know who to go to.

do you have an update on this? I am having the same symptoms and don't know who to go to.
Thanks for any input.

I had these deja vu episodes since a bang to my head when I was 15. I've always wondered if this was linked as it started pretty much the day after my bang.
I am now 30 and have not had them for the past year. Up until then, Id have them every month around the time of my period. I used to get woken up out of my sleep all confused but knowing straight away that I was having one of those things. Id only get them for one day a month but they would happen all day. I could be sat watching TV and some one saying something would trigger one and Id say "Oh know here we go again" Id start with my heart racing, feeling sick, a buzzing sensation throughout my body in to my brain and then the "vision" Deja Vu thing would really kick in and Id feel like Id seen whats about to happen next already. Id even guess what was happening and be right, which is another scary thing I can't work out how. I don't believe in physics and so what was going on??? It wasn't ever the normal Deja Vu people experience as Ive had those too. It was as if I was reliving what id been dreaming about the previous night because it all felt so familiar. Id be walking around talking with people and Id go green and people could see something wasn't right.

It first starts with like a gush of force washing over you and a weird humming noise and a metallic smell,Then my pulse soars and I start getting clammy and drained. Almost like each episode was frying my brain literally. The next few days would be awful too, almost like the worst hang over and yet I don't drink. Id feel so down, black and depressed like something bad was going to happen and I just couldn't shake it. Some times my Deja Vu's would be so strong they would make me giggle like I was on drugs or something. I spoke to my doctor and he tried to palm me off with anti depressants but I told him otherwise I am a happy person. I was ignored and I don't think he had a clue what this was.
I think I may go back to the doctors and push for some information or tests. I suffer with incredible amounts of headaches and I also recently have been getting terrible vision spells where its just like one of those old black and white TV's with the fuzzy background. Followed by a humdinger of a migraine.

AFTER READING ALL THESE POSTS AND SIMILAR ONES ON OTHER SITES, I HAD AN "AH HA" MOMENT - I HAVE FIGURED OUT THE CAUSE OF THIS FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF US! THIS is caused by YEAST OVERGROWTH! Yeast overgrowth can cause a wide range of unexplained, vague symptoms, including mental/emotional symptoms like anxiety or depression. I have yeast overgrowth that went undiagnosed for years, and have also had these wierd dejavu dream flash back episodes you all describe for years. They stopped shortly after beginning treatment for yeast overgrowth. Funny enough, I had the first one this morning in many many months and it happened to be after I cheated horribly on my anti-candida diet for 2 days (had tons of sugar, which feeds yeast). I can't claim I figured this out all on my own, becaues I figured it out after someone else posted that they get these "episodes" during yeast die-off during their yeast-overgrowth treatment. For years I thought I was just plain crazy. But please read the book "Yeast Syndrome" - it literally saved my life when nobody could figure out what the hell was wrong with me. I hope this helps even just one person...

Hi there, I have been having dejavu feeling for a few years now on and off. It has been getting constant over the past few months. It starts off with a dejavu feeling, then I totally dont want to move and go numb and get a yucky tast in my mouth. The last two nights I have been getting dejavu feeling in my sleep. They wake me up and I feel really sick, then dissapears. I have had an eeg test awaiting for my results they are testing me for epilepsy and I am on migraine tablets for 3 months to see if they reduce the symptoms. Im sooo scared. Beck

I'm 16, and I have the same feeling very often.  I get the nausea instantly and then I get really warm and a bad headache afterwards.  They happen during any situation whether it's stressful or not.  Normally, I can never explain the "dream" but it feels as if it's something that has happened before, even though I know afterwards that it has not.  It usually has nothing to do with the situation I'm in.  It almost feels like I'm dreaming while awake? I was wondering if anyone has noticed any connections between the dejavu cycles and period cycles? I went to my doctor and he passed it off as it was nothing, but I don't think he fully understood.  Thank you.

I was experiencing intense episodes of deja vu, with depersonalisation, a sense of dread, numbness, loss of consciousness, followed by nausea and migraines. These went on for about 4-5 months when they began to occur 1-2 times per week so I decided to speak to someone about them. I first went to my GP who was more focused on the headaches rather than the episodes and prescribed me something to treat them but the episodes continued to escalate. My GP then sent me to a neurologist, after chatting for about half an hour, he was pretty convinced I was experiencing complex partial seizures as a symptom of temporal lobe epilepsy. By this time, I was experiencing more symptoms, including memory loss. The neurologist sent me to get a blood test, an EEG and an MRI. The blood test was to check that nothing else was going on healthwise, the EEG was to test for abnormal currents in my brain and the MRI was to test for scars, inflammation, etc, which would usually only appear if there was trauma, which in my case there wasn't. There was enough evidence in the EEG to confirm the initial assumption of temporal lobe epilepsy and I have since begun treatment. This all happened over a matter of 2 weeks! It is SO worth getting these symptoms checked out. During the EEG I experienced a convulsion and I was definitely at risk of the symptoms continuing to escalate. There are risks of silent seizures, seizures occurring during sleep and also whilst driving. Diagnosis is probably different for everyone describing these similar symptoms but when it comes to the brain, it definitely pays to check it out, better to be safe than sorry. These symptoms can change or get worse without notice. It's too unpredictable to take any chances.

I had one today, I would describe it as emotional déjà vu, it is an anxiety as many people have pointed out. But in my personal experience, when I feel the anxiety building up or my heart starts racing, I take a few deep breaths and stay in the moment.

The weird thing is, I feel the déjà vu and think something is about to happen, and it does. Usually something that makes me feel insecure or pushes me out of my comfort zone.

But I have been trying to use such moments to understand how my mind and body works. And in a spiritual way, I use this to understand myself and what makes me feel insecure or what lessons I can learn from the situation.

I became a believer in listening to my body. So when you feel the anxiety, stay present, breath deeply and observe yourself and how you react to the situation.  Acknowledge the emotions you feel without judging yourself. And don’t over think about the situation, experience the moment and then just let it go.

OMG.. I thought I was loosing my mind.. (so did my hubby) Thank you everyone that posted.. I will have to talk to my Dr more about this! my episodes stop me from working I try to do off subject things when I get them to make the stop faster! I will look more into this temporal lobe epilepsy topic..

I've been having daja vu followed by dizziness and nausea. There is nothing in particular making me have the daja vu=no reasoning so to say and after i cant remember what is flashing in my mind i then get hot and tingly all over and I feel like my stomache is turning=nausea like im about to vommit but i havent so far. Its happening several times a week and just started a month ago. Im a 23 year old healthy female as far as i know=main things. Its starting to worry me because ive been reading upon it, at first i didnt think i'd find any info because its so weird but, im glad i did i was like wow its happened toothers sonow i know somethi is up. Going to see if my doctor will give me a referral to a neurologists. I know i have anxiety n i wasin a bad car accident. However i do not believe its linked tomy anxiety because ive had anxiety as far back asi can remember.

I have been having these exact same episode for the past 7 years or so. My neurologist said its a result of my epilepsy, and it is a type of seizure. I am 20 years old and i am now on Lamotragine, a seizure medication, and it all has gone away.

I have dealt with these episodes for a long time, and i hated them. they are an aweful feeling, and i know they have impacted my memory a lot too. let me know if you have questions, i dont want other people to have to go through it! 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

(guest 7/20/13) Omg I am so thankful to hear that yoyr symptoms went away. Ive been haveing this go on for almost two years now and just recently my dr said that it might be minor seizures. I just cant stand feeling out of it anymore because its really preventing me from doing allot of things. And im scared to drive so I just got prescribed tegretol so hopefully itll help. did you have that feeling of being out of it? Ive never known how to describe the feeling lol. And how long did it take for you to feeel normal again?

I began having deja vu every couple of weeks but strong enough to realize somethign was up - when i explained it to my doctor he said it sounded like a kind of seizure - i ignored it for two years until the grade three brain tumor was found. get an MRI while the tumor is still manageable.

I posted on 07/29: I also wanted to ask because im experiencing this several times I day... Im not sure uf I have seizures or not but my neurologist never gave me a clear answer because both eegs came back abnormal where one had slow brain waves while I was awake, and the other showed abnormal activity. But he put me on tegretol so I will be trying that next week. But insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. I just want to get on with my life