My wife and I had unprotected sex after which she had an emergency contraceptive I-Pill within 2hours of the act. She didn't had any breakout bleeding as others say it happens after having I-Pill. We took a home pregnancy test kit after 10 days and results were negative. Again after 10 days we took a test kit and results were negative. She is delayed 6days from her period so we took another test which came negative. All the test kits were brought from different stores and expiry dates checked. All three tests were done at evening. She is having white discharge two times a day ,morning and evening. Is she pregnant?? How much delay can an emergency contraceptive pill do??

Hi Jagadish,

She should be testing in the morning, using her first morning urine.  It is more concentrated and more likely to produce an accurate result.  Follow the directions to the letter.

The I-pill can make her late too.  While NOT as effective as a properly used condom or daily birth control pill it is very effective.

She won't always have any bleeding either.

Sometimes though, the test kits just don't work with all women.  Give it a few more days and try again.

Good luck.

we tested again in morning but it came negative too. no symotoms of periods or pregnancy either. its been 2 weeks late from her expected period date.