Okay, I'm now 6 weeks late... I took 3 home pregancy tests (at 2,3, and 4 weeks late), and they were all negative. I went to the Dr, she did ANOTHER urine test, which of course was negative too, but didn't take a blood test. She basically told me to wait another month, and if I still didn't have my period, she'd do an ultrasound. I'm not sure why she didn't take a blood test, and I feel as if she kind of dismissed my concerns. I've been on the pill for a long time, but my last period (10 weeks ago) came a week early, which has never happened to me before. Now, I have on and off cramping, which feels like PMS, but no period... If I'm not pregnant, what could this be? I haven't gained/lost any weight, am not stressed, nothing I can think of.

It sounds like we are both in the same boat. My period is now almost 6 weeks late and I have had nothing but negative test results. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since December and I have NEVER missed a period in my life! To top things off, I have had all of the pregnancy symptoms I saw online with the exception of constipation (I have never been pregnant before). So I went to the doctor and even got a negative urine and negative blood test there. I thought for sure that she would at least do an ultrasound for being so late and having so many symptoms. Nope! She got me to get more blood work to check my thyroids and make sure that was okay. I am supposed to get the results today, but it leaves me wondering what she will do next. The only comfort is that I work with a girl that found out she was pregnant a while ago. She is now 10 weeks pregnant and only found out at 8 weeks that she was because they did an ultrasound. She kept getting negative test results like I am and only now are they coming up positive. So my best advice is the advice I am trying to take myself right now. Just be patient because the pregnancy hormone may take a few weeks to really kick in. If my bloodwork shows that my thyroids are fine, which it should because I have none of the symptoms for this, and my doctor still will not do an ultrasound I might go somewhere else. Another one of my friends had a baby last year and her doctor did an ultrasound and found she was 3 weeks pregnant because she was having so many symptoms. I guess I will just wait and see what she says.

Sure, as you already know, pregnancy test is something that you should do, but you should also know that they are accurate. If you do more than one and they all are negative, then you should see a Gynecologist. Probably you are dealing with some hormonal issues.

Late period and negative pregnancy test sometimes doesn't mean anything. That is why you should consider having a pelvic exam if you already haven't.

If you are using birth control pills, they also maybe the reason why your period is late. So many options, but until you find the proper cause, you will not be able to know how to heal it. 

Hi I dont know if this helps or not... But sometimes stress, or really any changes can throw off your period. It's possible to completely miss your period and for no reason at all., the womens body is funny like that. I believe thats why the doctor probably just dismissed it. Although I can totally understand your frustration. If I were you, and was convinced I was pregnant, I would go to another doctor and get a second opinion... or maybe just wait it out, if your pregnant you'll get a positive result eventually. What I would say is, as long as you are unsure treat your body as if you are... it's never a bad decision to start taking prenatal vitamins, (I take them, and I am not pregnant, but being married its always a possiblity) It is still very possible that you are pregnant, just sometimes it takes longer to get a positive result.

This is in response to the ladies who all have the same symptoms of being six weeks late, having nausea, tired, perhaps even tingling nipples or painful breasts, bloated. I've experienced this very thing and I swore I was pregnant. I've had two other children, so I recognized the symptoms of PREGNANCY. Well, I'm not. 4 negative pregnancy tests and a blood test revealed I'm not pregnant. So I followed up with a thyroid and hormone panel. It turns out that a hormonal imbalance for so many various reasons, can cause these symptoms. Until I had all the facts though, I treated my body as if I was pregnant. No Alcohol... good nutrition and prenatal vitamins. I was very disappointed, but have a course of action to get back on track. If things are not adding up: i.e., pregnancy symptoms and negative pregnancy tests, then seek another opinion. Something is off balance. Don't let it go. It could be something simple, complexed or even serious. A woman's body is a complexed machine and needs to have everything firing right to run well! Best of luck to all.

i didnt find out till i was 8 weeks pregnant with my oldest daughter all tests i took before that came out that they were nagative ,this happened with my youngest daughter too.but noe im three weeks late have the nauseanous feeling heartburn tiredness i think its possible im pregnant again but done two test and both were negative also unsure as i had a pituarity gland tumour and my prolactin levels were up the wall so ive had a blood test to check that if there ok im not sure what it is whats causing these symptoms so if your worried ask your doctor to check your prolactin as its symptoms are very like pregnancy even get breastmilk very strange .good luck

hi i'm a 20 year old and i'm 3.5 weeks late for my period...i've never missed one either and am on the pill...i have most of the symptoms of pregnancy and all of my hpt have come back negative so had a blood test today won't find out until friday...if i'm not pregnant what else can it be...i'm only 20

WELL AS FOR ME IM 19 YEARS OLD IM 7.5 WEEKS LATE I HAD A MISCARRAGE IN AUGUST PERIOD IN SEP. AND NONE IN OCTOBER NOR NOVEMBER YET! ALL URINE TEST AND HPT NEGATIVE AND 1 BLOOD WORK LAST NIGHT NEGATIVE! IV HAD ALL PREGO SYMPTOMS DOWN TO A YEAST INFECTION WHATS GOING ON WITH ME? OH YEA AND I HAVE A DAUGHTER! THAT IS 3 YEARS OLD NEXT MONTH!

im 8 weeks late, which is really wierd seeing as i have never been more than a day late. i figured i was pregnant because i stoppped taking my birth control about 9 weeks ago. i have had 5 urine pregnancy tests and 1 blood pregnancy test. im only 18 so i have never been pregnant before but i recognize the symptoms and im very worried. ive been in and out of the hospital for stomach pain for a couple months now and no one seems to know whats wrong. they all just say im constipated. I know my body, and i know when im constipated, and i am NOT constipated. what the hell am i supposed to do??

My last period was in May and it's JULY!! I'm 'aving pregnancy symptoms, and all of the women in my family are convinced I'm pregnant, but so far the urine tests 'ave come back negative. I am in perfect physical condition (I just had a complete check up before my last period) so everything is fine there....so why am I 'aving these symptoms and no period, but still gettin a negative result??

Im glad to see other girls in the same situation!!! :-)

I had my last period on the 9th April 2009, had sex on the 30th of April and condom split, took the morning after pill the next day.Had a few days bleeding on the 7th of May. Had exams around this time and have experienced absent periods before (once for 4 months).However started having frequent urination, began to stress out that I could be pregant,did not get a period or any bleeding since the 7th of May.Waited until the 26th june to try a Clear Blue Digital Pregnancy test which was negative..Lost my job since then(more Stress on top of Stress:().However still no period so I tried another Clear Blue digital test on the 1st of July..still negative..Had an appointment with the doctor on the 9th of July..told him exactly what was goin on..and he mentioned the bout of absent periods from May to Sept 2007. He got me to lie up on teh bed and feel my abdomen..asking if there was any pain..and he typed in my notes "Abdo N". He has told me to come back in a months time for blood tests(thyroid, anaemia..etc)..as I have no other symptoms and by the sounds of things I'm just workin myself up.Had stated that the Morning After Pill can affect cycles afterwards..

I am anaemic anyway so the fatigue and general tiredness is a norm but having checked the internet several times I am just adding to my stress.

Intially not as worried after speakin to the doctor...and was feeling very relieved..and my girlfriends have been very supportive and understanding as has my partner. However the day after speaking with the doctor I began to experience Nipple Tenderness...and very sore at that, as well as constipation.

Have had no nausea!Sore breasts only began last week...Possibly PMS symptoms????

Concerned as my partner and I both 23 are just NOT ready for children yet...at this point in life we still have to finish university.Both coming from strict Catholic families in Ireland we cannot tell our parents. Are sensible and mature enough to have taken the precautions and have both decided on an abortion should it arise that I am pregnant, but cannot leave it to late!

Have scheduled for blood tests to be carried out tomoro to put my mind at ease.
Is there a slight possibility that I could be pregnant?...or can my body be mimicing signs because ive scoured the internet convincing myself....or could it be like the same back in 2007 where my periods went on holidays for the summer????

Should 2x Neg Digital Preg Tests taken 8-9 weeks after intercourse be wrong as well as a doctors opinion????

It's the 4th of November and the first day of my last period was August 25th. I usually get my periods every 35 days. I'm 36 years old,healthy although overweight, with 2 kids (school age) and my husband and I use the pull-out method. I've taken 4 home pregnancy tests (this morning was the most recent) and they've all come back negative. I have sore boobs, frequent urination, nausea and a full/pulling kind of feeling down there.... same symptoms I had with my other 2 pregnancies. I've never gone this long without my period, and I'm worried something is wrong. I haven't been under a lot of stress, not lost or gained weight. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow, I'm guessing he will send me for blood tests and possibly an ultrasound. I'll let you know what I find out.

okay well i hope you guys can help me please please.

My last period was on the 18 of september i didnt have none in oct. but i did have a little spotting not enough to fill up on a tampon.
i have really tired i eat alot now kinda and my back is killing me. my mom and sister are convinced that im preg. and so is my boyfriend. i took 3 hpt and they all came out neg. am i testing to early or what i need some one help

please contact me asap i will
really appriate

hi,
I am interested to hear what the outcome for everyone has been?? Pregnant or not?
I'm experiencing something similar... no period as of yet (1 week late, usually like clock work) two negative home tests, one negative blood test.

Am I pregnant? can the blood test be wrong?

This is my experience. Period was 10-27-09. My next was 12-31-09. I made Dr. app before I started the Dec. one. I am 36 and never been late except my 2 children. I had symptoms but the one that left when I started was breast tenderness. It was more extreme and longer then PMS tenderness. My period was short and light (abnormal for me) But my gyno told me for some reason I did not ovulate and so I did not get a period. No rhyme or reason to it though. She told me just start monitoring my periods.
She did not do ANY bloodwork and almost did not get pap until I told her it had been 3 yrs. I have not been on BC for 14 yrs so that was not an issue.
Good Luck to those trying.