Hello! My teeth have been very sensitive lately and I am thinking of making an appointment with my dentist but there is another problem I would like to consider before I do that. Besides the sensitive teeth, I have been experiencing temple twitching and occasional headaches that I haven’t had before. Do you think these symptoms may be related?

You may have problems with your temporomandibular joint. It is a place where the jaw joins the skull. Problems with this joint can casue so many direct and indirect symptoms. Direct symptoms being clicking sounds when you open or close your mouth, locking of the jaw or noticeable change in bite and indirect: persistent headaches, unexplained pain in neck, shoulders and back, stuffiness or pain in your sinus area, hearing problems, dizziness, sensitive teeth and even depression. Blurred vision and eye muscle twitching are defined as extreme TMJ symptoms. Make sure you make that dentist appointment!