Hi, I have jaw joint disorder so , my dentist suggested me to use a mouth to prevent clenching during night. But, it didn’t really help me. Is there any other solution for TMJD?

TMJD - temporomandibular jaw dysfunction has symptoms of jaw pain, clicking, stiffness or spasm. Different sorts of disorder can lead to development of jaw joint problems. Suggestions are to use soft food to avoid yawning too widely. There are also jaw exercises to do, to strengthen the muscles surrounding it.Ice packs wrapped in a clean cloth can be used on the jaw joint area to help soothe it.Splint or mouthguard is made specially for your teeth and should be worn for at least four weeks to get some results. Normally you should wear the splint at night and can also wear it at stressful times to reduce possibility of injuring yourself. If it is not improving the condition, check with your dentit if splint is exactly fitting your teeth.