hello,

over the past year my jaw started clicking and cracking when i open and close it, now its progressivly gotten worse to the point where i cant open it 2cm with out pushing the jaw joint(by the ear, in to my head) and swainging my jaw to the side to get it to open and 'unlcok' i have to do it with every bite. My doctor thinks its dislocating every time but isnt sure. i am from an island and to get a special jaw doctor to look would require going to the USA.

do you have any idea what my problem is, or how it can be treated?

i would describe the severity of it to a y=x^2 graph, gotten worse very fast

thanks

Hey sound like you have TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder. it is a very common condition especially in teenagers and young adults. activities such as grinding teeth and chewing gum or ice make it worse. there are treatments available most common is to take tylenol (acytlmetophien) or over the counter anti-inflamatories such as ibuprofine. in more sever cases, surgery can be performed to help reduce inflamation in the joint. i would start with the pain relievers. there is more info on wikipedia.org search TMJ disorder.

let me know it you have any other questions or concerns :-)

thanks for your responce, i thought it was tmj but it feels like the bones are caught and i didnt think it was, ill do more research on it like mentioned.

thanks

yea if the cartalige in the joint wears away it will eventually rub bone on bone which is very painfull