I got on depo last August... When I first got on I didn't have my period for about a month.. Around the middle of september I started spotting. At first it was only when I had sex and went to the bathroom.. Shortly after that it got heavier.. I went to the doctor they said it was normal, but if it got heavier I should go back in.. Well, January came around.. For about 2 months blood was heavy but every other week to 3 weeks it stopped for about 2 days.. Never more than 3. Then in about march it went back to being full and not ever slowing down. In late may it went heavy then would stop about 3 weeks later for 2 days again. I was supposed to get my last shot in July. But, with the weight gain and constant bleeding I decided to go against it... The middle of July it came back like the middle of a period, so, very heavy.. It's september now.. And it slowed down for only 3 days these last 2 months. I mean since july REALLY intense cramping to the point I can barely walk or even stand up straight, I've been going through so many thick pads a day (my body rejects tampons) and I simply don't know what to do. One of my best friends has 3 kids. One of them was a depo baby... She said she has been lactating (I hope that's the right word) and she said it happens after I have been at her house and she can't get pregnant. I honestly don't know what to do. Someone please help me. I feel like I might be pregnant or excessive blood loss :(

Go back to your doctor and don't let them tell you you're fine until they have vigorously examined you. You may have an ectopic pregnancy. Very rarely when a pregnancy occurs while one is on the Depo shot it typically becomes ectopic. You should google this and see if you share any of the other similar symptoms. But you should goto the doctor if it is ectopic it must be handled immediately. You can also take a home pregnancy test if you would rather, but you should really get blood work done to determine your HcG level (pregnancy hormone) which is the surest way to determine your condition. Your intense cramping is a really big give away that it may be ectopic, so please goto the doctor, it could save your life!