i had an abortion a mont ago and have had unprotected sex. on one occasion i thought my boyfriend came in me so i got the morning after pill...but have had unprotected sex after that. and my period hasnt came yet even tho it takes 4-8 weeks for me to get my period AND i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative...could it be 100% accurate??Please someone help me!!!Somebody who knows what their talking about~~~~~~~~!!!!!1

Any time you have unprotected sex you are at risk, especially if you have an irregular period. Talk to your doctor about some from of birth control - there are ways that don't involve having to remember a pill every day.

SHE took the morning after pill, which is great!!

The morning after pill will definately upset your cycle, and along with your abortion changing your cycle, it is very reasonable to say your period may be later than expected =)

I have had an abortion, so no judgement here=)

I understand you are worried! But you did a great thing by getting the morning after pill... Hopefully you are not pregnant, but it happens.

Thank you soo much for the advice..it's good to know people on here won't judge others :-) but yaah i went to a planned parenthood and got the Uva Ring and they checked me out and said i'd be getting my period soon! Thanx soo much for the help!

WOO hooo...I am glad everything is gonna work out well =) Hopefully you'll like Nuva ring=)

I had an abortion exactly 2 weeks ago. I took a pregnancy test and it still comes out positive, so is there still the hormone that prevents your body from becoming pregnant again still there. If so, my chances of getting pregnant again would be lower?? I had nprotected sex today but he pulled out. If my tests are still positive, what are the chances of my becoming pregnant off of having sex today?

After an abortion the pregnancy hormone will last up to 4 weeks, however you are still likely to get pregnant since after 2 weeks of your abortion your eggs will be released again. i had an abortion 2 weeks ago and i am scared to resume sex because i fear my inside is not healed and i may get an infection.

k1234 wrote:

I had an abortion exactly 1weeks ago. I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX WILL I BE PREGNANT NOW

After an abortion, you CANNOT have sex for 4 weeks. Not only do you run the risk of infection, but you also are prone to getting pregnant again. Wait until you go back for a check up and a routine exam. After they give you the green light, you can proceed, but until then, abstinence is the best answer

You would not be pregnant NOW, because it takes up to 2 weeks for pregnancy to fully implant and occur..

IF you had sex in the last 5 days, get the morning after pill! YOU ARE AT RISK FOR PREGNANCY.

Having sex LESS than week after an aboriton CAN CAUSE AN INFECTION, so you need to discuss this with a doctor.

Some women wonder why they got an infection after an abortion, they blame the abortion, but it was actually sexual activity that caused it.

***edited/deleted for unsupportive comments****

PLEASE try and be supportive and UNDERSTANDING.

I seek to educate women about birth control and contraception, ridicule is not a very effective way at getting through to any young woman.

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying any of this.... I don't judge people who have had abortions because I considered having one myself when I thought I might be pregnant with my long term boyfriend. You NEVER know what you'll do until you're in the situation. However, I would like to say that it's ashame a few of you didn't learn your lesson. Having unprotected sex even if the guy pulls out has risks. You could get pregnant or catch an STD. Please be safe and save yourself the heart ache of getting pregnant, having to decide whether or not you want an abortion, and the risks of getting an STD. Use a condom and at the very least take some form of birth control. Again, I hope I didn't offend anyone.

i had an abortion 2 years ago, after 2 or 3 weeks i started having sex again with my boyfriend, 8 weeks later i discovered i was pregnant again even though i had been on the pill and using another form of contraception. i was only 18 at the time and didn't want children just yet so i had a second abortion..

i'm now pregnant for the third time, while i was on the pill again. nothing is 100% so you need to be that bit more careful after an abortion. don't just listen to people when they say the pregnancy hormone hangs around. its still possible to get pregnant.

I can relate to the guest so much. i was worried because I had an abortion on Dec 20. I had unprotected sex 2 weeks later and took the morning after pill. I had unprotected sex one more time. Im scared bc my period didnt come yet and 7 and a half weeks has went by. I know it was a stupid move but mistakes happen.