I've decided I'd like to try out the Dermalactives purifying facial peel. I've been eyeing it for a while now, but since I was recently promoted now is the time to give myself a treat and to look the best I can! I have heard conflicting information about the best way to use it though, and so I have come here to ask anyone who has experience with the Dermalactives facial peel what you think the best directions for use are. I would like to get the most out of the peel in the most effective manner possible. 

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Celebrity

Hey YingYang,

The instructions for the Dermalactives purifying facial peel are quite complicated, actually. 

First off, you are supposed to use the peel "once or twice a week". Contrary to some other peels, they advise for the peel to stay on your skin for only a minute or two, not more than that. Interesting is that the advice is to "rub" the peel in the entire time, making circular motions on small areas of the skin at a time. What comes after is simple enough: wash the peel off with warm water. They do advise that you follow this up with Dermalactives’ Purifying Triple Power Collagen Moisturizer or Purifying Night Cream for the best results, but I suppose you could use any (good) cream of your choosing instead. 

Rosie

I'm interested in Dermalactives because of their breakthrough technology (a special polymer) and because they are free of parabens and never use animal testing for their products. Of course, because of the price, I have been reading lots of blog posts and reviews and I am satisfied that the facial peel will deliver. One thing that I have not come across is age recommendations. I am 36. Am I too young for this peel? Is it something mostly people over 50 use? I came here to find out if there is anyone in my age group who has tried the facial peel and what you think about using it in your 30s. (My wrinkles are definitely there, but do I need this right now or can another product do just as well? That is my question.)

The Dermalactives Facial Peel features amino acids, vitamins, and polypeptides. Many people have great experiences with it. I have heard that people who leave the peel on for several minutes only and who gently peel off small areas of the peel at the time have the best results. They say that their skin instantly looks better. You only need to use it once a week to get the best results. I have rosacea myself and am also possibly too young for this peel, but if I thought I was in the market for something like this, I would not be apprehensive about using it. 

Seriously, there is no need to overthink this. Simply follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Of course, you should watch out for any reactions and stop using the peel if you find that it makes your skin red, irritated, itchy, all that kind of thing that warns you that it does not agree with you. And keep using moisturizers, toners, everything else you would normally use. That's all. That, and don't use it more often than they recommended, because their recommendations are in place for good reason.

Thank you for your replies. I have bought the peel since starting this thread and will then just follow the instructions you people gave me, which sound straightforward although not like other peels I have tried in the past. I am hoping that Dermalactives will provide the improvement I am looking for and that I will be able to come back with a really positive update! We'll see though. If it does nothing for me, I will also let you know! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Yet another topic about Dermalactives?

I'll bite — the best directions for the Dermalactives facial peel may just be not to use it at all. Have you seen what that facial peel costs at all, and how big (or rather small) the jar is? Of course, the company isn't slow to tell you that the purifying facial peel works best in conjunction with a range of other products made by them either. With all those products, you could easily end up spending thousands.

If younger looking and more radiant skin is what you are after, why not try a TCA peel? Or dermarolling? Or even an age defying laser that may cost $500 as opposed to the nearly $200 this Dermalactives peel costs, but at least you only have to buy it once and can enjoy it for a very long time after that?

Seriously, Dermalactives isn't even a medical cosmetics range. Pretty packaging and fancy pricing doesn't mean it gives you the eternal fountain of youth, people!

So, how's your experience with it?