I have suffered with eczema since early childhood, but never had it on my face until recently. I have now noticed the tell tale signs of eczema on my face as well and I am hating it! 

My question is what facial cream I should use. I would like to start off with an over the counter facial cream for women with eczema and will look into prescription creams only if that does not work, but I am not sure what is on the market. 

Do you mind giving me a hand and telling me what the best facial creams are for women with eczema?

Thanks a lot!

Have you looked at the National Eczema Foundation's list of products that carry their seal of acceptance? If not, that would be a great place to start.

Also, are you currently using a prescription product on your face? If you do, you need to apply that before you use any hydrating face cream, or you will not see optimal results. Also remember to moisturize right after the shower, even without drying your face, to lock the moisture in. It really helps.

You didn't mention whether you had spoken to a physician about your facial eczema and/or obtained a script for it. If you haven't done that yet, that is where I would start. Don't just use what you have for the rest of your body on your face. I know that hydrocortisone is sometimes used on the face but you should generally avoid putting it there, and don't do it without doctor approval, for instance. Elocon can also change your facial pigmentation so again, avoid.

One thing I have heard about is that Manuka honey (from New Zealand) can help with facial eczema so perhaps try that? That won't do you any harm for sure.

This is a difficult question and I second the idea of talking to your physician about whatever product you end up using. Also monitor your skin's progress with a specific product and stop using it if you notice increased dryness or irritation. 

Meanwhile, here are some suggestions that you might like to try out:

• First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lotion: Many eczema sufferers like to use this on their faces, especially in summer. It will tend to your dry skin without clogging your pores or giving your skin an oily appearance. 
  • Puriya Cream For Eczema, Powerful 13-in-One Formula: This cream can be used all over the body, where it will fight flare ups and irritation and soothe your skin. 
  • Era Organics Facial Moisturizer with Aloe Vera: Packed with natural ingredients and designed to restore your skin's pH balance, this cream is also anti aging. 

I would definitely choose a medical brand from a pharmacy and if possible, explain to the sales people that because you have eczema and might react badly to particular products, you would like to try before you buy. This will often mean that they will be happy to give you some sample sachets to allow you to try the product. If you like it, then go with it. If you react badly to it, wash it off as soon as you can and take a break before moving onto the next product.

You would be wise to stay away from highly perfumed brands which just invite additional irritation in any case. I think you received some good suggestions above already.

The general approach I would take is this:

1. Ask your doctor whether you would benefit from a prescription ointment for your facial eczema. Actually, also confirm that it is really eczema you are seeing on your face if you have not yet done so. 

2. Ask your doctor what ingredients you should stay away from if you have eczema on your face, then check any moisturizer you want to by for those ingredients and avoid them if they do contain that ingredient. 

Because eczema leads to dry skin, you should definitely consider a more hydrating cream for that area of your face and perhaps consider using two different moisturizers for the different parts of your skin. 

I think you might have some luck with shea butter. That stuff is awesome: highly hydrating but still absorbs very well, so you are not left with a layer of oil on your skin. I don't have facial dryness or eczema myself but feet are always very dry and I do use shea butter on my feet, and sometimes hands as well, especially in the winter. If you don't like the solidness of the shea butter you could try argan oil too. That is marvelous as well. The good thing about natural products is that they are not going to irritate your skin like creams with artificial chemicals.