Hi!

This is a question for my mom, who is starting to feel weird about her neck wrinkles. I will say that she looks absolutely fine in my eyes, but she doesn't agree with me (and is in her sixties). My mom would never consider a neck lift and just wants the best she can get with creams and minor cosmetic treatments she could get at a spa. 

Do you have any recommendations for her? If you found a product or non surgical treatment that really helped with your neck wrinkles, please share it here and I will forward it to her. 

Celebrity

Your mother is quite right to look into this; it is quite amazing how most people instinctively put all sorts of products on their face and even their hands, but totally forget about their neck! Given that the neck is one of those places that seems to "attract" wrinkles like crazy, more people should be using specially formulated creams on that area. The same principle extends to the cleavages as well!

Estee Lauder has a firming and sculpting face and neck cream that has an excellent reputation, if your mom is interested in paying a little extra. Similarly priced, Clarins has a cream that is only for the next, called "extra firming" or something like that. 

In the more natural range, there's Bare Minerals extra firming neck cream. This is also a lot cheaper. There's one by Perricone MD as well, but that one is as pricey as the two mentioned above. 

Anyway, I hope that helps some?

Rosie

I myself prefer to feel comfortable and do not care all that much about what my neck looks like. I would never choose to spend lots of money or undergo painful procedures just to look better. As long as I feel happy within myself I don't really give a monkeys what I look like. I do not like the wrinkled neck much, I call it turkey neck and I don't know if anyone else does but my choice is to usually wear a colorful scarf. I have a wide range of scarves to go with every outfit and that makes me feel pretty. But I do put some argan oil on my neck every morning and every evening just to give it a hydrated feel. I am not sure if it helps with wrinkles though.

You could try:

1. Dermarollers. These are small handheld devices that use tiny needles to tighten the skin. Those who use them sure seem very impressed. 
  2. Light therapy, you can even buy home devices
  3. Laser therapy at a plastic surgery clinic
  4. Botox on the neck. Really, it's possible.
  5. Dermal fillers like Juvederm. 
  6. Platelet rich plasma. I don't know much about this procedure but it uses your own blood to smoothen your skin out

In order to find out what is best for you, you are best off finding a reputable plastic surgery clinic in your area and asking for a consultation. Make sure they are accredited.

One thing I have not heard suggested yet is the possibility of doing a chemical peel on the neck area. Because this area of skin is more sensitive and thinner than most, this approach does pose challenges. I would say to start with a milder type of chemical peel for neck wrinkles, such as a glycolic acid or lactic acid peel and see how that works out. Some people do TCA peels on the neck area as well and there is no reason to rule this out completely, but I say you need to talk it over with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Thank you for your suggestions! Some of these are very useful and have reminded me of the options. I am familiar with dermarollers and know that they can achieve quite awesome results, but it had not occurred to me that they may be suitable for the neck area as well. That is only with the very smallest rollers, correct? I would be worried about potential mishaps there.

I did not know that botox could be applied to the neck area either, but I researched it on the internet after your suggestion and you are right: it really is something that is done. I will discuss this with my mother.

Platelet rich plasma... is that the so-called "vampire facial"?

Thank you for your reply as well. Again, it would never have occurred to me to consider a TCA peel for the neck area. If they are done, I have since read, they need to be applied in a low concentration of up to 8% only. I have since also read that a Jessner peel may be better for the neck area as compared to a TCA peel. In any case, your comment has inspired me to explore this avenue of treatment so I'm grateful that you replied.

Well, I am getting a neck lift next week! I am a 53 year old woman who wasn't quite ready to let gravity catch up on me, so I decided to treat myself and get it done after careful thinking. I won't lie; I am certainly more than a little nervous about the neck lift, hoping very much to achieve the results I have seen in my surgeon's portfolio pictures and to recover without too much pain. I am not good with pain!

I took 10 days off work to recover and will take it easy all that time. My husband has also taken a few days off to help look after me right after the operation.

Fingers crossed! I can't wait, but also... whoah! It is a big decision and I am hoping to be able to update you with some very positive news very soon!

Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. Using neck cream helps. I heard that using retin a cream will work. I also read putting sunscreen helps. If you're smoking you should stop smoking. Apply anti aging cream to the neck. I also heard applying moisturizers helps. I think exercising your neck helps but I'm not sure.

Good luck to your mom on getting rid of the wrinkles! :)