I am on my 11th day of detoxing this horrific, so-called wonder drug. I was a 30 yr functioning heroin addict who finally got off with the help of Heantos in Viet Nam. I chose to get on suboxone for it's blocking component so that I wouldn't slip and get back on heroin. I was completely off heroin when I started subs. I took 6 mgs for 8 mos. I was recently laid off so with no more insurance I had to quit. I couldn't afford 450 dollars a month. The money wasn't the only reason I wanted to quit subs. Subs made me stupid with brain fog and very irritable.

So, on to the detox. I am not saying it is as bad as heroin because it is not but it does suck big time. First two days were not that bad. Weak with a minor headache. Third and fourth day was the worst. Feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Noway could I have worked. And the agony came in waves. Sleep came in two hours spurts. Creepy crawly skin. And freezing to death. The remaining days were more of the same with a little improvement each day. Oh yea, diarrhea as constant from day 4 and has not a baited. Tomorrow is day 12. FOR GODS SAKES WHEN DOES THIS END??? Remember I started off with a clean balanced brain. If you were stepped down from an opiate to subs I expect your detox will be much worse. I thank God for Heantos every day.

On to the drug pushers that peddle this poison, the doctors. Make it clear I am not talking about using Subs to get off of an opiate like heroin or whatever. It may have a valid purpose for that. BUT GET OFF ASAP,,,, WITHIN A MONTH AT MOST. These doctors make me sick, figuratively and literally. They have the perfect drug now to enslave us opiate addicts. Even ex opiate addicts.

SUBOXONE IS AN OPIATE AND IT SUCKS AS A MAINTENANCE DRUG AND IT REALLY SUCKS WHEN IT IS TIME TO GET OFF THIS c**p.

What about tapering don't you understand?

You are absolutely right. The reason it is such a sh*t drug is because of the nalaxone they put in it, that stuf is pure poison designed for only one thing. To knock someone out of withdrawal, that is it!!! I started taking box two years ago and after about six months on it I (like many many other people) started feeling depressed anxious just terrible. I did not realize it was because of the nalaxone. Finally one night reading about it I realized why I had started to feel like complete and total sh*t. I immediately switched over to straight bupe, and after about six weeks felt normal again. Now that bupe is available in generic form the pigs at benkiser have sent their reps around offering md incentives not to prescribe bupe. My doctor was recentely paid a visit by these sh*t heads and now he will only prescribe box. So for the past two weeks I have been back on the BS box. They say that the nalaoxne is only activated by injection, but that is total BS. So my options are painful withdrawal or shitty box until I find another md. Already I am getting the dilated pupil fuzzy head feeling again from that poison. Addicts out there if you are reading this NEVER NEVER EVER get on boxone it is poison, and it is actually much harder to get off of then straight bupe, because nalaone is a derivative of thebaine and is very addictive. >;)

Sean, you are so right. I recently have decided to get clean from a 4 yr. opiate addiction and started off by taking subutex. I loved it, I felt normal for the first time in I don't know how long. Then my doctor all of a sudden started prescribing box, F*** that c**p!!! All of a sudden months after taking it I started feeling depressed for no apparent reason, like I'll be doing normal everyday things and just have an over-whelming, sudden feeling of complete sadness come over me. Not knowing what it could be, I did my research and found it was more than likely the suboxone. And my doctor refuses to put me back on subutex. WTF . I feel stuck. Drug companies as well as doctors are corrupt money hungry a** holes

-Lindsay

sorry not everyone is as dumb as you guys to berid your mind and body of drugs slowly.
ive been on suboxone for 4 years and have been able to get off for 5 months at a time without any hesitation. i can come off of 8 mgs like its nothing.

if you need some help, i can refer you to an article i wrote.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

he lost his insurance. can't read?

15 days ago, I took my last dose of the sub.  I still am feeling depressed, anxious, lethargic, tired, chilly and hot, and with a side order of lower back pain.  Little bit about me:

I was on Suboxone for 6-7 months.  I took 4mg in the morning and 4mg in the evening.  I did NOT wean myself.  I knew exactly what I was doing because I had withdrew from Subs a few years back.  This entire time the thing that has haunted me most was trying the same thing expecting a different result. 

Nope, on Tuesday July 3 of 2012, I took a 2mg sliver in the morning and dug in for the hurricane that I knew was approaching.  From Wednesday (July 4th) until Sunday (July 16th) I received no quarter.  I worked every day (except July 5 and 6 which I had requested off already).  This is the only way to deal with withdrawals.  Sitting around at home staring at the clock will not make you feel better. 

For me, I tried to think of something that I used to do before I got on Subs, or any opiates for that matter.  I climbed in the attic and brought down the Nintendo 64.  I got all of Mario's stars in 3 days.  I got gold metals in categories of Pilot Wings 64.  Right now, I'm working on 007 Goldeneye.  Find your chi and center yourself. 

I grew up Catholic and the most painful thing during this mess was realizing on day 11 that I had not once asked God for help.  I broke down in the shower and begged for the opportunity to be strong.  Whether you believe in God or not does not matter.  The truth is, the bible will never give you bad advice.  My belief in a higher power does not revolve around what anybody else believes in.  All I can do is offer you the best advice possible; wisdom gained through shortfalls and disappointment.  While you are suffering withdrawals, you will not want to do anything that you associated with use of the drug.  I cannot emphasize enough how important it is for you to at least to have someone to talk to; a support net. 

Getting off of Sub is daunting enough.  If you cannot confide in anybody, pick up the bible and read it for a few hours each day.  I SWEAR TO YOU, ON MY FAMILY AND EVERYTHING THAT I KNOW: You will find solace at your most vulnerable moments.  You will find warmth and strength in the words of the good book. 

I am not coming here to preach religion to anybody, I know how successful that is.  Take it or leave it.  I have experienced anywhere from 3-5 months worth of withdrawals in my life total.  I pass unto you what has been the best way to cope for me.  The power above knows our struggle better than we do.  Look up to him, it will heal you. 

Feel free to message me if you have any concerns or questions about what I have said here.  Good luck to those trying to clean up their life!  It wasn't long ago that I was bundled up, teary eyed, and shaking constantly as I read people's posts on here.  You too will get through this... One way or another; on top or on the bottom.  Be strong, embrace your weakness.  You will acheive freedom.

Please don't give up. My husband is on one month off suboxone, went cold turkey and went through the diaherrea, night sweats, chills, no energy. and not sleeping at night. His strenghth is coming back little by little and sleeping better . He still makes it to work . He has a very physical job but has been able to withstand that. My husband got tired of having to go to the doctor every month paying $45.00 deductible for the visit, and waiting two hours and getting away from work plus the hour drive. The medication is very expensive and just decided that the soboxone was not good for him after four years. After doing research on detoxing, i put him on vit c 1000 mg b12 1000mg,l-tirosene 500 mg, magnesium 1000 mg for leg cramps plus one a day and iron pill. Actually going to work may help you take your mind off of it. When you are detoxing they recommend that you try to get your exercise in to get rid of toxins. Soboxone is very additive and not good for you. He was on it for four years after being a vicodine addict for surgerys gone wrong and pain. Thank God that is behind us, because everyday now 30th today off soboxone and everyday we see he is sleeping better and the energy level is not there yet, but will be in time. We dont know how much time that will take , but the worst is behind us. One wonderful thing about getting off soboxone, he doesnt get real bad leg cramps, his sex drive is wonderful now, and not getting that itching sensation on his back everynight has stopped. We sure do see what the soboxone had did to him and wish we would of gotton off this earlier. Make sure you are taking vitamins, drinking gatorade, lots of water, and go back to work. That will be the best thing for you because it will keep you busy and your mind off of it. After work, relax in the tub or jacuzzi which is recommended. Keep positive , because that is what is going to help you.

Maybe you shouldn't stay on suboxone for months. I was doing a T of heroin a day for 6 months before I quit with suboxone. I had 4 strips that I cut into halves.

36 Days of Suboxone! 5 Year user ( O_o ) Tried to quit 6-7 times.. got to 2 weeks twice and FAILED!

Finally tapered down made about 3-4 strips last a month then just did cold turkey.

2 weeks in I took adderrall to finsih my last 2 weeks of my Monthly withdrawl. The energy the Adderrall gave me I used to go to Hot Yoga and be active as possible.

Been sober since day 30 and have very little energy and feel sluggish but have been eating almost x2 then normal and sleeping.

IT's OVER!!!! I Did it which means you can DO IT!!

wow, i am just reading all of this and I could not agree more. I want so badly to be off of this drug. I was given hydrocodone for 5 years like it was candy. never abused it, or anything but damn it was tough to kick so my dr put me on suboxone. I have not been the same since then. I want off so badly. Trying so hard but it is terrifying. my mood, my anxiety is terrible. I hate suboxone.

Within just 2 months of being on Duboxone, I went from homeless & jobless (and drastically underweight) -to- having a career w/benefits and a home. The transformation shocked people, even myself. And my mood & affect is so much different too. For probably the first time in my life I am happy. Eight months now, 20 mg. day. And it is much MUCH cheaper than having the active addiction. I think it's like $20 per month, total - including the clinic visits. My story is not unusual either. Suboxone treatment has transformed tens-of-thoudands of others. PS. I noticed that most of the folks posting here were on low doses. Maybe that's the problem.

I hate to burst your bubble, but 20 mg a day is ridiculous. That's Big Pharma for you right there. Our brains have a small amount of receptors for storing opiates, and Suboxone does a great job of temporarily filling those areas. The thing is, your brain can only handle about 4 mg, and we all know about this drugs half life. There are several studies online, written, and recorded via videos, so check them out. I've been on this junk for 11 years, and It's ruined my wallet and my life. I would have given my left arm for all this online knowledge back in 06-07, when I was put on this after becoming tolerant of hydrocodone due to back surgery. 11 years, and far more expensive than any opiates I've run across in my lifetime. All your paying for is the foil packaging with the fancy bar code and lot numbers, which make us all look like fiends, even if you're on them as an alternative to pain killers. That's why doctors continue to over prescribe this medication, creating a physical dependence and mental need to take these multiple ritualistic doses throughout the day, so Big Pharma keeps filling their own pockets. 11 years, not worth it! So glad to have this out of my life!