I've been on soboxone for 12 months & need to know ((after looking at side effects SHOULD I STOP TAKING SOBOXONE (cold turkey) OR come down bit by bit ) I'm on one 8mg tablet a day & after looking @ the side effects I REALLY NEED TO STOP TAKING THSES TABLETS (I USED HEROIN YEARS AGO & GOT MYSELF PUT ON THESE TABLETS JIST AS A (never say never) IDEA....BUT I'VE NOTICED I'M GETTING MORE SNAPPYER & CRABBIT AT ANYTHING & EVERYTHING & I'M NO EVEN GOIN INTO THE SEX DRIVE ISSUES I'M LOOSING OUT ON A LOT OF GOOD TIMES ) & NOW HEROIN (I NOW KNOW) IS NOT AN ISUE ANY MORE SHOULD I JUST STOP TAKING THE TABLET OF HALF IT & CUT DOWN A BIT AT A TIME

I'VE BEEN THROUGH THE WORSTE HAVING A COKE,SMACK & METHADONE HABIT (all at the same time) & i got through that OK (well in a jail sell) SO IN THE GRAND SCHEAME OF IT COMMING OFF SUBOXONE SHOULD BE A WALK IN THE PARK (OR WILL IT ) ? ? ?

Unfortunately, there's no easy answer as you well know with detox. Suboxone is no exception either. As many have stated on here, it has such a long shelf-life that the detox can take months. Do what you can to lower the dosage as much as possible before stopping. It's something you can't start taking again, and you want to avoid relapse. Prepare yourself for the days ahead, keep in mind that it won't last forever.

Good luck and good health.

My daughter de toxed in jail to after 13 years of abusing every drug out there. Her drug of choice for the last 4 years was IV Heroin use. She is now almost 6 months clean and sober.
My opinion, stop it all together. You felt the worst of it in jail and you are here to talk about it. One more turn around the detox clock and your good to go. (well sort of)
It will not be easy at all, you know that. Just go balls to the wall and do it.
3 or 4 weeks and you will begin to see the light of day. Just have a good support team behind you, and make sure you have someone you can call when you feel you are falling off the wagon.
You can do on your own. You sound like a strong person. Go for it.

ok well, first off, compared to heroine or oc's the withdrawls for most people isnt that bad from suboxones but PLEASE remember to taper!! you can't come off of 8 mil a day and feel fine. YOU WILL BE SICK. shaking, diarea muscle aches all that good sh*t. I went to Aruba one time and tried detoxing there off of 2 mil a day and i was still sick. Then i went to greece but this time i tapered and did it right. I got down to .5 mil a day and it helped soooo much!! the withdrawls lasted for 3 weeks to a full month but they were minimal compared to all the other times. Ive been a habitual user for over 10 years (so sad to see read that back) and none of this is new to me. Ive been on Sobox off and on for over 7 and the only way i had a decent time withdrawing was when i tapered down to .5 mil a day. I even went out drinking with my cousins in greece the second night of withdrawls!!! so yes do yourself a favor and taper down and make sure once you hit .5mil to just do it once a day for atleast a week. tapering takes time! atleast a month all together usually 2. But once your down to the lowest dosage get your body used to it and then detox. GOOD LUCK!!! IL PRAY FOR U

I urge you to wean yourself by 2mg every week. Suboxone is extremely powerful and withdraws will be as bad as any narcotic I can guarantee. Taper and you won't suffer.

I just saw your post and you should come down it bit by bit. Here is my husbands story that might help you and what you should be doing for it. The best thing is to get off of it completely, becasue it is habit forming.
My husband has been on Soboxone for 4 years and seeing a doctor. It has been getting too expensive plus having to drive one hour and take off work to go see him and wait another two hours in the office became too much for my husband. His doctor cut him dow from 3 pills a day to two last year . My husband just decided to not go to the doctor anymore and detox himself with the rest and went down to one pill a day until now he has 9 nine days without the soboxone. I read that Soboxone alone can be addicting, so that is another reason my husband decided to detox himself. It has been hard for him , no energy, restless, cant sleep maybe three hours had diarrehea. I have him on the vitamins that he needs to detox like calcium, multi vitamin, b12 1000 mg, l-tyrosine supplement and vitamin c 1000 mg. I have been doing my research to get my husband through this. Last night for the first night he has been able to sleep better,and went to work. Lelts see how the days ahead will be.