he ended a heavy xanax addiction, and was on methadone as well, working to get off dope (not an IV user...)....anyway, he quit the xanax about three months ago, and has one month clean from the methadone...he had the usual physical withdrawl symptoms for a few days....emotional reactions for the normal few weeks...
he has pretty much been incapable of sleeping more than a couple hours at a clip since getting clean...he has now been sleepwalking every night and its pretty scary...started off mumbling and talking in his sleep, and escalated to walking around, and hallucinating...eyes open in a daze...or eyes closed and moving all around and thinks he's doing things like laundry and stuff...changes subject and situation in his head super fast...responds when talked to...while apparently asleep...
some strange behaviors, like walking into walls, and waking up completely disoriented on his own without being woken by me.
It started off kind of funny when we thought it was a phase, but it has been a few weeks now,what worries me is that he can't get a full night's sleep and i know how unhealthy that is...he works very hard and needs rest.
also i'm afraid that he will hurt himself...fall down stairs or worse...is this connected to the withdrawls from meth? did he do damage to his brain from abusing xanax for so long? how can i help him get rest? on all the sleepwalking websites they say benzo's are the answer for sleepwalking....not an option for an ex-junkie/benzo addict....please help?

my husdand and i are 9 days off methodone he was on it for 6 yrs and me 5 yrs my husband did that on methodone i took to the doctor he ended up having sleep apnea his brain was not getting enough oxygen when sleep. it was a nightmare. i would find him everyway. he feel though walls, into mirrors, busted his face on kitchen counters all in sleep. it scared the c**p out of me. he would stand up sleeping all the time. we sleep fine now. methodone you either sleep or u dont. i would have him checked out just to make sure. hopefully everything is ok.

if u take him to the dr tell them to do a sleep study. do not let him drive. my husband wreck 5 cars in month. becareful

IT deffinately is the withdrawl...I am off 20mgs 3 weeks now after 10 years. I have narcolepsy besides. I use a drug called sodium oxybate to knock me out at night, so I can hit the REM sleep. By doing this I am able to stay awake during the day and work. Since the withdrawls of methadone have kicked in...My meds that usually knock me out will not do so. I have slept a total of 4 hours since Sunday...It is now Tuesday. I have chronic pain/Fibromyalgia and still use loratab 4 x daily...but even that doesn't work now. The things your Husband did in his sleep is the same things I was doing before they figured out the Narcolepsy...