hi I WAS ON SUBOXONE FOR 9 MONTHS. MY DOCTOR GOT ARRESTED AND I HAD TO SEE A NEW DOCTOR EVERYTIME I WENT AND THEY SAID THEY'D CALL ME ABOUT MY NEXT APPT. SO THEY GAVE ME APPT AND DIDNT TELL ME ABOUT IT SO THEY KICKED ME OFF THE PROGRAM. I TAPERED MYSELF TO A 2 MG PILL. MY LAST DOSE WAS EXACTLY 7 DAYS AGO. THIS PAST WEEK HAS BEEN THE WORST WEEK OF MY LIFE!!!! DOCTORS SEEM TO THINK YOU'LL BE JUST FINE TAPERING OFF OF IT BUT THEY ARENT THE ONES TAKIN IT. THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST WITHDRAWAL I EVER HAD AND IVE WITHDRAWN PLENTY OF TIMES OFF HEROIN. BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS I HAD TO GO TO THE ER TWICE THIS WEEK. I CANT REALLY DESCRIBE IT BUT I FEEL LIKE IM CRAWLIN OUTTA MY SKIN, IM HOT/COLD, RESTLESS, WEEK, PUKIN, ALL THAT sh*t. ITS BEEN A WEEK I HOPE I START FEELIN BETTER SOON!!! SOME ADVICE FOR PEOPLE WHO WANNA GET OFF AND STAY OFF SUBOXONE GET SOME COMFORT MEDS LIKE CLONADINE, ROBAXIN, BENTYL. I KNOW IT WONT CURE THE WITHDRAWA BUT IT HELPS. ALSO IF YOU TAKE A BUNCH OF NEURONTIN YOU WONT FEEL AS BBAD EITHER

hello it is too late for my husband. he tried to go cold turkey this friday. he took his last piece very tiny piece. it was lasting him 3 to 4 days. his doctor kept giving him prescriptions for months and never told him about how hard it was going to be to get off! there was a time my husband was layed off the doctor could've worked on getting my husband off of suboxone but instead he kept prescribing. now my husband is workin and the doc want to talk about taking him off. he want him to travel from his job in boston to stoughton everyday to get his med in a hospital. my husband has been lowering down the dose himself. if he goes to the hospital its the dose the doctor saids this is goin to bring him back up. my husband believes with just one pill he can detox himself. my husband tried it and he know he can brake it to 6 doses and work it out of his system. but now the doc doesnt even want to listen to my husband. first they get u addicted to another drug then they want to keep u on it. one pill is all he asked the doctor so that he can detox himself. he wished he knew this before he started. so if u started it, its ok just make sure u take the less amt and try to get off of it as soon as possible. i saw him cry in pain he really wants to get off. he might lose his job but right now the doc just stepped back. and it was his faught my husband went so long on it. take care of yourselves and be careful with suboxone

You are f*****g nuts!!!

SO are you off? I ask because I walked off methadone ..was on 35 years and stooped.. Its been 3 years and a lot of to now is mental.. I dip and dap here and there.. but for the most I am off.. Can go months. I know about suboxone I was told it worse them meth to kick.. GOOD Luck.. I can tell you it takes time no matter what drug

Excuse my errs..in spelling

Your husband can do it.. I will never say its easy.. I was on methadone 35 years ,I walked off a clinic 3 years ago.. I was on 35 milligrams.. I was in bed no lie.. 1 year.. I was verrrryyy sick..I took a dose then missed a dose did it for a month or so.. then I got sleeping meds..Thank GOD I had a friend to do my bills and really live my life for me.. at the time I had no worry for rent and ect.. Its now been 3 years and a lot of it is in my mind now.. I still can not believe I went thu all that pain.. OH MY GOD TERRIBLE.. I took a suboxone today I have a friend on them.. and I feel better in my mind..Our minds have such a BIG part once we get the the pain process.. I don't know how long he has been on.. BUT the longer the worse.. Can he take vacation or sick leave for 1 year.. If not then I suggest to wait till he can.. There is no way I know of anyone that can detox from these drugs from hell and work.. BUT ant thing is possible.. I had lot of help.. because of my belief .. I believe in GOD and with out his helping hand i would not of make it this far.. GOD Bless hope your honey will find the way..

Suboxne is CRAZY! ! I FEEL LIKE I NEED IT, BUT I WANT OFF IT DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE WHEN U GET OFF OPIATES?

It is pure extended hell for 10 days then it STARTS to get better for TWO reasons; pure strength and half-life. Buprenorphine (suboxone) is 40 times stronger than hydrocodone (lortab,vicodin,norco). 6 times stronger than methodone and hell, 4-5 times stronger than HEROIN! Because suboxone has such a low abuse potential and what is a "ceiling effect" you aren't able to feel this strength until you stop and the suboxone starts to leave your body. This is when the 50-72 hr half-life comes into play. This means if you decide to stop your withdrawal gradually gets worse incrementally over about 6 days before the FULL withdrawal even starts(assuming you havent taken any more tapping out so to speak). Now you start the full withdrawal phase for 5-7 more days until you gradually return to "normal". With any other opiate (lortab,oxy,heroin) you immediately go through this hell 5-7 days without the extra six of suboxone. I feel so sorry for people who do not understand this and are accustomed to starting to feel better on like day four and on day five of suboxone wd they are like"I think I got this its not that bad?" Smh...Sorry your just getting started and its still in your system.(But of course I dont tell them that). Basically avoid subs like the plauge! Plus maintenance costs hundreds a month, you will never have a bowl movement ever again and it wrecks your hormones. Dont do it!