Hello. My boyfriend says that he went to rehab and stopped taking methadone two months ago. I have given him two drug tests for the methadone and he failed both of them. My boyfriend told me that it will take 3 months to come out of his system. Is this true or am I being lied to? How long does methadone take to come out of your system so that you can pass a drug test. He says that he was on methadone for 8 years. Thank you.....
worried girlfriend

Julie I was on methadone for five years and had to get help getting off it. After stop taking it I got regular drug test and i tested positive for three months or more before I tested clean. it stores in the body and does take a very long time. You may want to give him the benefit of being truthful.

It only takes 3 to 4 day for the meth to come out of your system. Drink a lot of water and eat good food.

i took one over 30 days since i sed and i failed

Just wanted to share my story. I took 1 tablet of 10mg methadone, it was a friends and I just wanted to see what it was like. I was zombied out, dont remember a thing, I didn't get the "high" that others describe, definitely not worth it. Well, I was seeing a pain dr for the first time, and took a urine test on Sept 10th, that was 9 days. 

I tested positive for the methadone, specifically. 

I believe you all are correct when you say employment test doesn't test for methadone. I would say that most employment tests are scanning for illicit drugs like heroin, crack, MJ. Of course there's no way to be sure. I would say if you have a legit RX for any thing like methadone, suboxone, whatever, I would tell your employer. But that's just my opinion

I was shocked that only taking 1 10mg pill showed up 9 days later. 

and when I read about ppl taking 80, 90, or 100mg??!?!?  HOW can you tolerate it and WHY? If i'm going to risk my health or job, I would at least want to feel REALLLY good. 

methadone is the was drug for withdrawls known to mankind it takes atleast 6mths to get out of withdrawls it get in your fat cells and into ur joints and bones pls know he is not lieing and pls dnt get mad at him to much i have a wonderfull wife helping me threw it and its been only 20 days and i still like im dieing but no soboxone not a good idea tough threw it !!!

I took a tiny amount of methadone 10 days ago how long will it be in my urine? I usually take percocet four times a daybut I was out. The amount of methadone that I took didn't even touch my pain. I walk a lot and drink a lot of water. Recently I lost ten lps. will any of that help me?

Babe I'm cLeary gonna test positive for methadone for years to come I've already been on it for 8 actually 13 I lied was on it 5 years before we met. Also I'm on a really large dose still so if I look like I'm ripped and nodding off it dissent mean im usingI just look stoned because of the really large dose of methadone the doctor prescribed ok u need to trust me seriously also when I say I'm out at the gym and I'm gone for 9 hours or more itscause of this awesome volunteering program my doctor got me into for my recovery plan. Also when I sneak off with my phone to take calls or reply to my messages it's because I'm talking to my doctor he likes to keep things confidential between his work and his patients. Love always ur junky boyfriend xoxo

It's not about feeling good but to level us out so we can bypass the withdrawal of whatever we were using before the methadone and function like normal citizens. People who have been using other drugs on the street normally don't get high off of the methadone nor do they want to. It is all about leveling their/our lives out to function properly!

people take. high doses of methadone because they. have a tolerance. a opiate nieve or low tolerance person would od from 70-100mg dose. 10 mg is to much for a low tolerance person like you. better off takin 5 to start. i was on heroin. for 5 years i developed a high tolerance ive been on methadone 100mg for 7years saved my life i dont feel anything from my dose just normal.

methadone does not get in your bones. it just stores in your fat and muscle cell for a long time.

30 days at the most

Hi I was on methadone for 8 years and it has been 2 years since I stopped taking it. I felt the side effects of the drug for a very long time after the initial 3 month detox. I craved sugar so badly when I was using Methadone and gained a lot of weight. Recently I slimmed down quite a lot as the sugar cravings finally subsided. Methadone is stored in the fat cells so it is my feeling based on this that it can take years in some cases for the drug to completely be gone from a persons system. I have had drug screenings in the past 3 years and passed each test.