I have clinical depresion and was addicted to pain killers for 6 yrs
then I got treated by a Dr with Suboxone and relapsed three times while on it.
I finally got the courage to quit cold turkey the suboxone, but the withdrawal is even worse that the one I went through w/ the opiods. I'm on my 8th day, but I feel so physically ill that I can't take no more , but I'm determined to make it . Please any opinions and support :-( I would really appreciated.

i just started suboxone , and love never felt so good and i too eas on pain relievers and when i ran out snorted heroin the most important thing to me is that the cravings are gone and i can function like a normal person maybe you weret on a strong enough dose because that craving will always be there as long as your a addict :

I want to share my experience with you I am i withdraw from detox and it is a horrible horrible deal. I was addicted to pain pills and a friend gave me some of there sub. to help me get off the pills and let me tell you big mistake neither of us were aware I was only making things worse.Because of the half life of sub. the with draw is so prolonged and stretched out that it sucks. The same as opiate wd only longer and in my experience worse. I went in this blind because I did not realize how addictive it was and I was only taking 2 to 4 mg. a day for about a month and half.I did quit cold turkey but i was not on them very long. I am on day 10 and still not myself my worst symptoms are stomach totally messed up , diarrhea, vomiting, no energy at all . , no appetite, dehydration, chills,sweats, restlessness, insomnia, irritation ,crying , its bad be prepared it sucks bad!!!!!!!!!

Please don't give up. My husband is on one month off suboxone, went cold turkey and went through the diaherrea, night sweats, chills, no energy. and not sleeping at night. His strenghth is coming back little by little and sleeping better . He still makes it to work . He has a very physical job but has been able to withstand that. My husband got tired of having to go to the doctor every month paying $45.00 deductible for the visit, and waiting two hours and getting away from work plus the hour drive. The medication is very expensive and just decided that the soboxone was not good for him after four years. After doing research on detoxing, i put him on vit c 1000 mg b12 1000mg,l-tirosene 500 mg, magnesium 1000 mg for leg cramps plus one a day and iron pill. Actually going to work may help you take your mind off of it. When you are detoxing they recommend that you try to get your exercise in to get rid of toxins. Soboxone is very additive and not good for you. He was on it for four years after being a vicodine addict for surgerys gone wrong and pain. Thank God that is behind us, because everyday now 30th today off soboxone and everyday we see he is sleeping better and the energy level is not there yet, but will be in time. We dont know how much time that will take , but the worst is behind us. One wonderful thing about getting off soboxone, he doesnt get real bad leg cramps, his sex drive is wonderful now, and not getting that itching sensation on his back everynight has stopped. We sure do see what the soboxone had did to him and wish we would of gotton off this earlier. Make sure you are taking vitamins, drinking gatorade, lots of water, and go back to work. That will be the best thing for you because it will keep you busy and your mind off of it. After work, relax in the tub or jacuzzi which is recommended. Keep positive , because that is what is going to help you.

How is your husband doin? I hopes he feels better. I am also coming off subs. And vitamins help a lot

Hi! My husband still has no energy after a month off soboxone, but I guess we will just have to wait and see how long it takes. By any chance do you know how long it usually takes to feel yourself again?

My husband everyday is getting his energy back. I guess everyone is different on how long it will take him to feel completely like he was before. I am just glad we got through the worst part of the detox. He sure does take his supply of vitamins.