If you are using suboxone to get off heroin, percs, oxy , Roxy, vikes, dilaudid, fentanyl . Please just use the suboxone to detox do not go on maintenance. It is no good for you at all!!!!!!!!!! It does way more damage then good!!!!!!!!!!!!Do a two week detox and just get all the poison out of your body. You feel so much better . The withdrawawls are so moderate if you do this two week suboxone detox. Anyone can get through it if they really want to get clean. Please I insist fellow addicts to do this. The suboxone is still a drug! when I get clean, I want to be totally cleAn. I was shooting 15 bags a day, eating Xanax everyday , and speed balling when I was in the mood. The two week suboxone detox is the best best way. Also once you are completely off the suboxone a little xanax and marijuana calms the nerves . After the two week suboxone detox. For that next week you can take Xanax and smoke marijuana to take the edge off. But no longer than this. Do a two week suboxone taper. After these two weeks take Xanax and smoke marijuna as needed to help your nerves and to relax you. Only one week after Can uou do this(xanax and pot) After these three weeks you should be good as new ... I live completely sober...I love my life sober. Once I pick up that heroin after a period of sobriety I have no idea how low it will take me Down. Today I choose to live my life and have control. I am done allowing my addiction to control me and destroy my world and anything good in it. So I choose to put nothin that alters my mind into my body. My active addiction has caused me so much deep internal pain, depression, hopelessness, suicidal feelings, completely caged and alone . That feeling of wanting to stop and you just cannot despite all the negative consequences. Detoxing cold turkey in jail off a 20 bag dope habit a day and an everyday xanax habit. I have caused myself a great deal of pain ad those around me. I come from a good family, upper middle class , good upbringing , good schooling. My addiction destroyed me life and raped me of all things good. I am now 27 And I am starting over again from another relapse . If you are like me I have seen miracles in NA, AA, CA, these recovery fellowships . People like me that were true addicts and are now living amazing lives. To all my fellow addicts my heart goes out to you and may god be on your side in this war against the opiate demons. I love you all for I know your pain and struggles. I keel you all in my prayers. Amen

My husband is on one month off suboxone, went cold turkey and went through the diaherrea, night sweats, chills, no energy. and not sleeping at night. His strenghth is coming back little by little and sleeping better . He still makes it to work . He has a very physical job but has been able to withstand that. My husband got tired of having to go to the doctor every month paying $45.00 deductible for the visit, and waiting two hours and getting away from work plus the hour drive. The medication is very expensive and just decided that the soboxone was not good for him after four years. After doing research on detoxing, i put him on vit c 1000 mg b12 1000mg,l-tirosene 500 mg, magnesium 1000 mg for leg cramps plus one a day and iron pill. Actually going to work may help you take your mind off of it. When you are detoxing they recommend that you try to get your exercise in to get rid of toxins. Soboxone is very additive and not good for you. He was on it for four years after being a vicodine addict for surgerys gone wrong and pain. Thank God that is behind us, because everyday now 30th today off soboxone and everyday we see he is sleeping better and the energy level is not there yet, but will be in time. We dont know how much time that will take , but the worst is behind us. One wonderful thing about getting off soboxone, he doesnt get real bad leg cramps, his sex drive is wonderful now, and not getting that itching sensation on his back everynight has stopped. We sure do see what the soboxone had did to him and wish we would of gotton off this earlier. Make sure you are taking vitamins, drinking gatorade, lots of water, and go back to work. That will be the best thing for you because it will keep you busy and your mind off of it. After work, relax in the tub or jacuzzi which is recommended. Keep positive , because that is what is going to help you. you did the right thing....Take care of your body, your body is your temple. Congratulations !

thank you for this post my brother is an heroin addict and has tried several things but iam going to let him read this and maybe it will be encouraging becuz it made a lot of sense...he has tried suboxone and Xanax but I think he hasn't kicked it yet he has been a user for about 7 or more years.... I worry about him daily....he is 32 and has overdosed 2 times and was brought back....thank you for your information...best of luck to you :)

You might have read a few of my posts on this board? If not, 6 years on very strong pain meds, all prescribed by my doctor. My doctor is afraid of our laws up here in Wisconsin. Surely most states have pretty much the same laws regarding pain meds, etc.....? Suddenly, he seems afraid of something after all this time. Long story short....I'm at a cross roads here and facing getting off these medications to see what I feel like without anything. My back and joints might now allow it but it's time. I called a place that helps people detox and spoke to a former addict who works there, counselor I suppose? He said I should be on Suboxone for 2 years. After reading some of these other posts, I'm asking myself what's going on here.......? I know for sure he did say 2 years because he said it several times, each the same way. He gave me a number to call a lady who did a program combined with some kind of detox and a thing they call "Self Re-Find" I'm new to all this and find the more I read, the more confusing it gets. Your Husband....did he have to be enrolled in some kind of program or did he just go it alone?

Is this Suboxone addictive like I've heard about Methadone? I had never heard of it until today. Is the Suboxone easier to stop using than the opiates, & Methadone & that's why it is used? I hope I'm not asking you a lot of stuff you don't feel is my business and the like? I have listened to all the talk about the Hell of Withdrawal and quite frankly, I'm about scared to death to face it. I know many have done it before and made it just fine, or as well as can be expected at least. With all the sorries, it's interesting that you mention that your husband was able to work and another post I read today....this guy
says he was able to work as well. I was thinking while withdrawing that the person is pretty much helpless and wanting to die etc. If people are able to get up & go to work then there seems to be hope of not having such a hard time with it?

Thanks.......

thanks for posting this. Imabout to come off.