Hi, I use diclofenac for constant back pain for a few month. Recently, I found out that it hurts my stomach and can induce kidney damage. Is there any tip how to avoid these side effects?

Diclofenac is pain killer often used for different painful conditions, like skeletal diseases, especially arthritis, spondylarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout attacks, and caused by kidney stones or gallstones. Women use it during menstrual period to reduce pain. You should take Arthrotec, a combination of diclofenac and misoprostol, a synthetic prostaglandin analogue, to protect the gastric mucosa. Diclofenac inhibits production of prostaglandins which are mediators of pain, but also of prostaglandins which protect stomach. However, there is no solution to protect your kidneys, since extended use can lead to damage of kidneys.