hi. i am a 21 year old female, and have been drinking alcohol since i was 15. i dont binge drink or abuse it and rarely drink now because whenever i do i get a severe cramping in my stomach and lower back. this then travels through my body, out of my arms and legs. it sometimes gives me a stiff neck too. why is this? it happens with any alcohol and not anything specific.could it be an allergy or is it just the way i react to alcohol?
i saw my doctor but his advice was to avoid alcohol - very helpful!

I can relate to your problem. I have experienced the same thing. I am 31 years old and stopped drinking 6 years ago. I used to drink a lot, but then slowly over time it seemed that my body develped a sensitivity to alcohol and I woudl get severe cramps, diarrhea, pain in my whole body...it even hurt to breath. I am too scared to even try to take another sip, but I wish there was more information on this. If anyone else has had this experience please let me know.

i have the exact same symptoms. they have developed over only the last year or so. I am 22 now and can't even have one drink without feeling sick or bloating or having cramps and feeling like i'm going to throw up.

I have this problem as well, I just don't drink anymore.
I started drinking (casually) when I was about 16.
I never made a regular habit of it.
I drank a great deal more between the ages of 19 & 21.
By the time I turned 22 or 23 I started having bad stomach pains after I drank. I am now able to have the occasion white russian without feeling sick, but that's about as much drinking as I can handle.
It really sucks, but what can you do.

I get severe stomach cramps which feel like the labor pains I had when I was having a baby. Is there anyway this could be related to alcohol.

Everyone complains about problems they have BUT THEY GET NO ANSWERS? I have the same kidney pains when I drink alcohol, but there's no reason to tell anyone on this site because I'm not going to get any help!!!!

Where can I find an answer to my problem?

I have the same problem guys. im 24 and i used to drink all the time. now, when i drink, i have a severe pain in my left kidney and i start to trow up nothing constantly. im afraid of drinking now. i got an ultrasound....found nothing. i got a cat scan....they found nothing. I thought that i was the only one. we need some answers here. My social scene is downhill now.

Me too im 33 used to be a hard out party girl . stoopped that after setttled down with my partner..still like a wine but some nights i have a wine and its ok ..other times i have real bad wind stomach cramps and feel like i have been hit by a bus.....done the tests, that is had a scan all that and the doc tells me i am ok but stilll..if i drink more than four ot five drinks ove a night like one an hour i am so sick the next day......and i mean the last time it was after a wedding and i threw up for ten hours its ridicoulous....all i want is a few drinks every now and then.... im studying full time and working full time so i need some now and again so frustrating

I have the sam problem. Whenever I drink just a couple of beers I get bad kidney pain in the ight kidney for a week after. I've had an ultrasound and a scan with nuclear medicine got better for a while after I completely stopped drinking for three months back now with a vengeance specialist has no idea what it is :-( I've decided to just chuck alcohol altogether too much pain!

sounds like anxiety to me. Your brain is creating symptoms to go along with a perceived threat. You need to just isolate things. OK my stomach hurts whats down there, humm just intestines i won't die from that. etc etc. Some beta blockers (high blood pressure medicine like inderal famous for stopping stage fright) might help you since they block anxiety without tranquilizers. if you take the beta blockers and have little or easily controlled symptoms it's probably anxiety. Once you know it's anxiety you can work yourself through it.

Certainly should go to your doctor if alcohol causes pain or flushing. Something called carcinoid syndrome exists which alcohol causes those type of symptoms. Obviously not everyone with those symptoms has it, but I would check it out.

Pain and or flushing when drinking alcohol can be a sign of carcinoid syndrome. Certainly something to ask your doctor about.

People stop seeing the Urologist and see a good gastro. About anxiety... never listen to someone who tells you what you have is just anxiety if you know it's not.

I listened to people like that for years until I got sicker and went to see some specialist.. not only was none of it in my head.. going to the doctor saved my life. I told my gf this after we met and after three months of ignoring me and listening to friends she started throwing up blood... turned out she had stage 4 cancer.

Im recent months I seem to get back pain after drinking alcohol, even if it is just one glass of wine. I did have kidney stones less than a year ago so wondered if there was a connection? The docs got one stone out after several attempts and I had 3 uteric stents at separate intervals, so a lot of poking around, under general anaesthetic too. They said the second stone was too small to remove and was lodged in the kidney and would either pass out on it's own, stay put or grow and cause more renal colic, great. The pain I get after drinking can be either side or both and not necessarily the same kidney I had the stones in.

he same happens to me! If I drink these days I know I will be vomiting the next day - for up to twelve hours. I love to drink, so I wish there was a cure!

I usually find that stopping for a month before drinking again helps for a once off, but it always ends up the same after a few nights out!

I hate to think I was one of those people who depended on alcohol to have a good time... but i think I am!

Help!