When I wake for some time now i feel a strange pressure on my kidneys, almost a pain. Went to see a doctor he took a urine sample and it was fine.

I tried weed for the first time a few days ago a total of 3 times. And everytime I smoke, my kidney hurt, and much more than when I wake up.

Any idea what this could be?

lol that is hilarious weed doesn't and cannot ever affect the kidneys in anyway. maybe you drank something or not enough water. im certain that's the reason your kidneys hurt

Guest, this is incorrect.

There is a lot of information support the fact that when many doctors give the results of a urinalysis back to their patients, it is inconclusive as to the patients condition.

Many people with nephritis, nephrosis and lupus commonly are provided with results that state no infection or 'abnormalities' exist - yet people still feel pain in their kidneys.

Understanding that your kidneys are one of the smaller organs in the body, yet carry one some of the largest and vital jobs in the body - the processing and regulation of waste and water within the blood (dead blood cells, waste from chemical reactions in the body, excess fluid, the filtration of calcium, etc). The kidneys maintain your blood pressure and are also largely responsible for the production of red blood cells.

So in understanding that, you also need to be aware of the fact that with all that your kidneys do for you and for how little you think about them - if they are sore, painful or uncomfortable than see a specialist. Such as a nephrologist.

Don't risk getting permanent kidney damage and see someone about it.

In the meantime - stop smoking weed while you have the opportunity, before you develop psychological dependance. There's more at stake than just your kidneys if you continue to use it.

I have kidney pain that has come and gone for years.Always after alot of sugar, and after smoking more than 1 cigar, so, I believe the weed could effect already impared kideys

Hi there,
Kidneys are small organs but they do so much for your body, they control your blood pressure, get rid of the toxins and filter your blood. They are the backbone system for your heart. so please dont ignore any kind of pain in your kidneys, see a specialist and have them calculate your GFR.
I dont think smoking cannabis has any physical relation to the your kidney pain, it is only raising your sensation towards pain where you might otherwise not be so aware of. Definately see a nephrologist.
good luck

do not ignore any kidney pain or pressure, see a nephrologist ASAP, have them estimate your GFR and do a urine test, bad kidneys could lead to hypertension and other problems.
weed should have nothing to do with it, it is only raising your body sensation and awareness towards the pain that would otherwise be less noticable to you.
good luck

so stop smokin weed if it hurts

Keep in mind guys that it's possible that the toxins and chemicals absorbed by the lungs when smoking puts extra strain on the kidney's filtration system, as it has to go somewhere to be removed, and I'm pretty sure if you just blew it all out you wouldn't get any effect.
There is also the possibility that as cannibas seems to dehydrate the system that its a lack of water that is contributing to kidney pain.
One more relation could be the tendency to eat and drink more unhealthy when effected by marijuana.

These three possibilities make it highly likely that in one way or another smoking weed has some effect on the kidney function.

kthx

Well I've studied marijuana for about a decade now, and though I began as a die hard, "Weed is perfect" kinda guy Ive came to be more realistic and there are mixed results as far as kidneys go. I've had kidney problems for the past month and ignored them because weed has always silenced the dull aches and sharp pains. I found out yeterday however, I was merely months from complete kidney failure. The reason it helped for me though, is because the tubes in my kidneys were swollen and weed is an anti-inflamitory. When you burn and inhale any plant(including marijuana) youre breathing in tar and carcinogens, these may be the cause of your discomfort, and weed may not be for you. However, I would recomend trying a vaporizer. Under normal circumstances if it causes you such discomfort I would recommend not doing it as I know kidney pains to be no laughing matter. But, the kidney being the body's filter, greatly reduces the types of medication you can take. And I've found marijuana to be the only thing thats offered any help. Insummary just buy or find someone who has a vape and try it, if it still doesn't work then oh well, vapes have amazing resale value. Hope it's helped.

Cannabis cannot affect you like that, if anything it will help you because it makes you hungry and thirsty. As long as you are eating and drinking healthy things, weed will just make you want more of it. So drink lots of cranberry juice and relax.

Probably smoking old or stale weed. THC turns into CBN's after a while, and from experimenting with fellow stoners, I found the ones i gave 2-3 month old weeed, had "fall on the ground and roll around" kidney pain. Since weed isnt legal, and nobody regulates it, its best to smoke the freshest weed possible. People who think smoking resin is ok, no what i mean. QUIT!!!(smoking resin)

how much damiage dose smoking do to your body

HOW CAN SMOKING HURT YOUR BLADDER, KIDNEYS, AND YOUR PANCRAES

you dont what your talking about. i have the same thing. and im alll for weed, i love it, but it f**ks with my kidneys and they hurt whenever i smoke weed, and only when i smoke weed theyv been doing it for a couple of months. just cuz weed has never killed anyone or caused health problems, there is obviously something up, and you dont know everything.

Pot damages your kidneys..... Thankfully my husband has never been into that stuff as the medication he takes for transplanted heart kills the kidneys... if he had into grass, he would not be able to have a transplanted kidney. Don't let anyone tell you differently!! Been there, done that!