does the use of marijuana affect the liver or kidneys?

i am confused %-)

pot is not harmful at all.

No, but the smoke is. Especially to people who are sensitive to carcinogens. See scientific research. :'(

Guest wrote:

i am confused :?

:twisted: :evil: hey well i thought that this website was gonna be more helpfull than this and its relly not u need some more clear answers cuz i am confused as well

No doubt- HOW UNHELPFUL IS THAT!?!?!?

To answer your question:

marijuana itself does not cause liver damage but most marijuana contains various impurities and other plant material that CAN be damaging to the liver; some studies have shown linkage to kidney problems while others haven't -it's probably along the same lines as liver damage -caused by various impurities filtered through the urinary system. Hope you're still reading and this helps!

AS FAR AS THE ONE WHO SAYS IT'S HARMLESS:

I suggest you read some of the other forums where many describe their problems and issues with marijuana including withdrawal syndromes and addiction. There are very real problems associated with long-term, chronic use. I used to think it was harmless and non-addictive myself, but now know different. I smoked for 10 years and have only recently quit.

It would be nice if the highlighted word in the sentence would lead to further discussion on the subject like a link should,but this is a waste of my time and a sorry excuse for the programers who could care less.Apparently all that matters is money so if u don't have the cash your better off going to the library!

I myself have smoke Cannabis for about 10 years now pretty well steady. My father has as well, he has Fibromangalia (spelt wrong) degenerate disk disease, chronic all over body pain, and Ostioarthritis. I have Scoliosis (forgive me for spelling I am just to drained right now to bother) as well as a possible spinal or disc injury from childhood when a teenager jumped both feet on my back while I was reading laying on the grass. Ok now that is said and done, when I have not had the money to buy pot I have never had any kind of wanting to smoke it so bad that it drives me nuts like some people discribe. But it all depends on the person, some people I know do not like the feeling it gives them, I have even know people who are allergic to it or something in it (impurities) or even the fact of having to smoke it. Now pot smoking can damamge lungs just like any carcenogen and can cause addiction to the impurities in it. I myself smoke organically grown Cannabis, I beleive their needs to be more study on Cannabis. But for me it is the only way to ease my pain and keep working, the last 5 days I have had none because I have had some unexpected bills. I have back pain that feels like a hot wire going in my back at one point and also shooting pains in my neck and face, as well as shoulders, arms, hips, as well as pains that are close to my kidneys and it almost feels like kidney infection or what not. But I know it is not since my doctor said if it was a problem in my kidney I would be on my knees in pain. I don't know everything about Cannabis I don't think anyone can say that right now. But one thing I do know, is that Tylenol 2's make my dad constipated for the amount he must take for his pain. Where Cannabis does not, Cannabis takes more pain away for him then the pills. Plus the side effects of Synthetically made drugs (presciption drugs) have been known to cause even more sickness in the long run. So I am pro Cannabis. I think it should be available to those who need it medically more readily, doctors should be more informed on it. Study's need to be done on it, and I would even go so far to say legalize it, get it off the black market get it off the streets and out of the hands of children and teens. I don't think I have much else to say at the time, but this if smoking pot keeps my pain at bay for me to continue to work and have some enjoyment and freedome from my pain, then I am willing to find out what all Cannabis will do to me. I will be a human guinie pig, lol Look at Willie Nelson he is not doing to bad I think. Hard drugs and chemicals are bad for the body, so I do not wish to take them and that is my right as an individual on this planet earth. As long as I am not hurting anyone else, why should I be put in jail for trying to make my and my dad's quality of life better. Thank you for your time and attention.

Lee Dalton Rock
Ontario Canada

I just wanted to add my input to the last message. Just wanted to let you know.... i'm not sure of your individual situation with your kidneys but you dont need to have that much pian to have an issue with your kidneys. I'm 19 and I've had 3 kidney infections in the last 6 months along with colitis, bacterial infection in my digestive system, and some other stomache/digestive issues. I have to say, I believe I've tried many of the commonly used naushea and pain meds.... but have not yet found a better relief to my stomache aches and kidney pain then smoking weed. I will admit to smoking more then necessary to heal my pain lol but I've also had a lot intestinal issues which smoking has also relieved the pain of. I'm not gunna lie... kidney infections really hurt haha, but two of mine gave me pain enough to not work or even get out of bed (kealed over on the way to the hospital in pain) but the 3rd one I had pain but it was barable.

i want to add that i also have been smoking marijuana for 2 years, i have had problems in the past with stomach problems, i have not really gotten a diagnosis from a doctor because i havent gone to one. i know i really should its just that when i was a child my parents took me and they could not determine anything. they said "he has a nervous stomach" i say bull sh*t to that. i have a huge family and a huge history of stomach illnesses, diseases, and tumors. (all involved in digestive system) i wake up every day felling nausea and cannot eat, i eat one meal a day if you can even call it a meal. I have since been smoking pot because i find my self sitting in a classroom breaking out into a sweat trying to control the pain i can feel, it feels like my stomach is is cringing and bending in different ways. its like an extreme feeling of starvation but when i try to eat something, i cant because for some reason i vomit, thus having no nutrition for the entire day because i have this feeling the entire day. The only thing that takes away the feeling of having my stomach and intestines torn is Marijuana. Not only does it take away the pain but it also gives me an appetite to eat something. The only problem is that when i get off my high, i have the same symptoms but not as intense which cause me to smoke more until i go to bed which is bad because i find myself eating massive amounts of food at 2 and 3 o'clock in the morning until i do fall alseep, when i wake up, everything starts over, i have to wait for my college classes to end then once i get home, time to smoke...before i get home everyday i try to make it to the gym so i dont feel as bad, i do not know what to do. I know i need to see a doctor because there is something wrong but until then, my only cure for these symtoms is marijuana. i am for marijuana and for barrack obama who is for the decriminalization of it, if you live in the United States like i do, don't bet on the legalization of it because the rich white politicians are too ignorant to see that the only reason marijuana was illegal in the first place was because they targeted these laws against minorities (at the time mexicans and blacks) during the depression because they were taking all the white mens jobs. So the best thing we can do is hope not to go to f*****g jail for helping my body survive and prospire in this life. vote democrat.

Guest wrote:

Lee Dalton Rock
Ontario Canada

is it possible you could become some spokesperson or something in the legalisation for at least medicinal use cuz that was brilliant. if i was a politician and i read that i wouldve started rounding up farmers lol. you are very right marijuana would be alot better than tylenol in the long run... especially since ur smoking organic stuff. that stuff is bad for your liver.. :!:

ras411ras wrote:

No doubt- HOW UNHELPFUL IS THAT!?!?!?

I suggest you get your facts from a source more reliable than Internet forums my friend. While Cannabis consumption can cause strong feelings of dependency in individuals with addictive personalities, I have not seen any evidence or scientific studies indicating that it reaches the same affects of meth, cocain, or even alcohol and tobacco, where individuals become unavoidably physiologically distressed and ill.

My son has had the same symptoms...it has been a nightmare. The only relief he seems to get is from a hot shower. He has had every gastro test imaginable. We now believe it is the weed that is poisoning his system. Cannabinoid Hyperemesis. Check it out...it just might help. Good luck.

To marijuana man:

I have had the same exact symptoms as you describe. I also have Celiac's disease (I can't eat gluten because my body will attack itself if I do). I have gone to several doctors and gone through numerous tests and they've found nothing. I can't seem to keep anything down and haven't eaten a "meal" in over 2 weeks. I shoved a handful of pistachios in my mouth last night, but 8 hours later, they came up. I would have thought they would have at least moved into my intestines, but I guess they didn't. I'm able to keep down liquids and have been drinking water and cranberry juice like crazy. It's affected my mental and emotional state as well. I feel like I'm dying... very very slowly. I just want to know what's wrong and fix it.

I am 52 years old and have smoked maryjane many times in my life, stopped for a few months or years and smoked again.
I cannot believe that anyone can become addicted to smoking pot, perhaps mixed with other substances yes, but not alone.