Hi, I'm 25 years old and I have a question about implantation. About four weeks ago I had sex with my boyfriend, I forgot to take my contraceptive pill and he didn’t put on a condom so we were unprotected. My period was late for almost a week, it finally appeared but the there was not much blood and it lasted for only a day. I have heard from my friends that if my period is late and there is just a small bleeding I could be pregnant and that this was just implantation spotting. Is that true and how can I find out if I'm really pregnant?

Implantation spotting is bleeding caused by implantation of the zygote, fertilized egg into the lining of the uterus. When the zygote implants itself into the lining it does it in a rather violent way – by digesting and tearing the internal lining of the uterus and it doesn’t stop penetrating through the uterus until it reaches blood of the mother. The moment in which the zygote reaches and breaches a vein or an artery of the uterus is marked by bleeding from the vagina. That bleeding is often being falsely taken as the menstrual bleeding and most women are relieved by that thinking that they aren’t pregnant. If the bleeding was shorter than usual it is possible that this was indeed implantation spotting, and not the real menstruation. If you want to be sure if youre pregnant or not you can wait for another month and take a pregnancy test or even better, visit your doctor to take a look at you. Good luck.

wel gud day to all i'vw been wondering if im pregnant, wel last month i had my menstruation normal but this month i had a abnormal menstruation,we had sex, 1st wik of the same month that im going to have mens and as i remember it was my 17th day of my menstrual cycle,this month i had my monthly visit not the usuall ido.. i felt cramping and swollen breast but i aslo am a very active, i go to dancing and etc.,
am i pregnant or im just a paranoid? hope you can help me asap..
tnx :-(