I guess it's not imperative for me to find out as I'm quite young and not ready for babies right now, but it will play on my mind so I'd like to know if possible. By the way, I did not know nor think I was pregnant prior to today.

I am on the pill but due to some bad circumstances I did have unprotected sex before I started taking it and again within the first 7 days. I'm not sure if he came but either way there was a LOT of pre-cum.

So a few days ago I started getting some mild period-like cramps and light bleeding, which gradually got heavier. This was strange in itself as I am on the pill and should not have been bleeding, not even break-through bleeding. This morning I woke up with very strong stomach pains. I get pretty bad period pain but this was worse than anything before. I took 2 ibuprofen but after an hour the pain hadn't really subsided so I took one more. An hour or two later the pain had stopped completely. I don't usually get a complete ease of pain from pain killers so that was also strange.

Later on upon going to the toilet (this is quite graphic I'm sorry) I noticed a very large glob on the pad. It was far too big for a blood clot (or any that I've ever seen) and on closer inspection it was a largeish, flat, stretchy, yellowish (I think?) thick membrane-like bit of tissue, with bits of dark blood-clot looking things attached.

Now I know that is really not normal for a period which is why I'm asking. If it were someone asking me the same question I would probably say that yes they had a miscarriage, but when it happens to you I guess it's hard to believe. So I would like people's opinions please!

I am so interested to know if you did have a miscarriage. EXACTLY the same situation with me, except before I passed that thick flat membrane thing I passed some very thick dark gray mucous... like a huge glob of it. It was so gross...normally I would just go about my business after the mucous (fairly normal for my periods)but the flat membrane with the dark spots inside really intrigued me. I thought at Christmas time I may have been pregnant because I was sooo sick...but because I'm on the pill, I kept getting my period. I wonder if you ever found out.

sounds like both of you miscarried. I went to the e.r. and did a lot of research in regards to miscarriages and all your symptoms sound like a miscarriage. especially the gray tissue part. more than likely your body expelled everything and that's why you no longer felt the pregnancy symptoms. exactly how i feel...but i felt empty......

So were your questions answered? I just had the same thing happened to me 2 days ago. Yesterday, I went to the dr, got a blood test, and a nurse calls me today and tells me I'm not pregnant. No-Duh! I've been on the patch for a month and the patch is fool proof. I havent skipped a beat and I've been careful. 2 days before my period, I had some bad cramps when I pee'd and some pink spotting. I assumed it was PMS. Then, I got my period on Saturday (as scheduled) and it was dark and brown. That's happened to me before, so it seemed normal. A couple of days later, I go to the bathroom to change my pad and a big flat glob of stretchy tissue sitting there. It was about the size of an adult ear and it had brown bloody spots. I've search everywhere but I cant find an answer. ?

what did you find out ..I had something similar happen to me.

what did you find out?

hi im 16 and about a month ago i started having sex with my boyfreind and yesterday i had the wrosed pain go thru my belly i presumed it was cramp even dow i never had it before in ma life, i fort i was going to faint i cudnt walk then it wud stop for soo long n restart hurting again after taking strong pain killers i was still hurting then it just stoppped n tonight when having sex n i was bleeding lyk bronwy yellowish lstuff with lumps i felt ttly imbarssed and ddnt look at it for long n took all the sheets of my bed, i dont have a period as i am on the rob within that month i wasnt well cud this affect the rob...i was being sick n gettin intergestion:-| please help me im only younge and this is playing on my mind my bf is also very worride

Hey

I cant seem to find any information on period cramps that are equal to a miscarrage.
I've been on numerous medication through my "women years" yet it make me feel stuggish and constantly tired.

About two days ago i was hospitalised because of these cramps and there is no way that i could have even remotely have been a miscarriage. the doctor how ever said that the pain is the equiliant there of.
my problem is that i keep getting prescriptions for anti-inflamitories and pain killer that grow in strenght and dosage as each month come. or as it has now where i go to the my GP and he has to put me on a drip.

the thing that i want to know is what is causing the pain and how do i stop it.
i have tried natural ways, tried the health nut and exercise freek route. nothing is working but pain killers and i dont think its wise to live off the stuff.
one "clever" doctor told me that if i got pregnant then the pain would go away....
there really does not seem to be a logical solution to something like this
(baring in mind i came from a small town!!)

another lady i spoke to told me she has the same problem and her ovaries grew upside down...

i guess this is just a big scream for some help!!!

The first post sounds very similar to my own miscarriage....I started with very light bleeding that gradually got heavier, along with cramps more painful than any period...they felt similar to the early contractions I had when I had my first child. I went to the hospital since I knew I was pregnant and sure enough they told me I was miscarrying, and there was nothing I could do but wait. A few hours later the cramps got very bad and I passed a large flat circle of tissue about three inches in diameter. It had a bubble in it that quickly imploded on itself and a dark clot, which I assume was the eye. I was 9 weeks pregnant at the time. Once the tissue passed, the pain immediately stopped.

I found out that i was pregnant about 5 weeks ago, i was 5 weeks at the time, about a week after i found out i started getting cramps like for my period and some heavy, but not really heavy, bleeding so i just went along with it thinking that it was my period, well one day i went to the bathroom and when i wiped there was this thing on the toilet paper, i'm not really sure how to explain it, maybe like a deflated bag? but little, and my cramping eased up then a couple days after that when i went to pee there was something stringy on the toilet paper and after that my cramping stopped and the bleeding stopped and i felt fine but my pelvic area stayed hard, well i went to the doctor on wed to get my first ultrasound and the doc couldn't see anything except for my thickened uterus so he ordered me blood work for wed and then today, if i had a miscarriage how will they know if everything has come out and whether i need a d&c or not?

REPLY TO (APPLE19)

Yes. You miscarried. It is also known as a "threatened miscarriage" which comes with mild bleeding in the vaginal area and sharp lower abdominal pains. (Most worse than menstral Cramps). I experienced it in the exact same way you did. Although the way you described it, it was far to early for the baby to have a heart beat. Going to the doctors is a smart move and because you were pregnant, your pelvic will remain a little sore. If the swelling does not decrease, I would suggest getting medication as I did. If you are trying to have a baby, you should wait 90 days before trying again. I hope this was helpful!

just over a year ago i started to feel very tired and achey and quite hormonal. i was taking my pill at the same time everyday and had not missed one. i went to my doctors and they sent me for some tests and they come back sayin my iron levels were very low so i got put on iron tablets and that was it. i then started to notice that i was getting very sore boobs and feeling sick but not being sick. i took a pregnancy test and it come back negative so i thought nothing more of it. 2months later i woke to have some bad stomach pains and fluid coming out of me. i went to work as normal and few hours into my shift i was in so much pain. i hadnt ever had pain like this before. i went to the toilet to find i was bleeding very heavily and there was this very large blood clot and it looked like vains going through it. i rang my doctors and he said it was just a bad period. i read into it and spoke to my mum and they all said it sounds like i had miscarried. so was i pregnant or not?

Hi, I'm 31 & never been pregnant. My bf & I have been tryin for a few months. I developed sore breasts very tender at that, started feelin similar to menstrual cramps, no morning sickness, no dizzyness, headahes but not too often, took pregnancy tests urine all negative, blood test showed my level were low very low and I was told I could possibly be miscarrying. Hours later I noticed I had brown discharge with a slimy film slighty pink followed by small clots of blood. The pain was intermittent and as I slept I woke up cause the pain got intense for a second I was told that it's a form of contractions (great can't wait for that pain when I do have kids) but anyway this time around I had the same exact symptoms my areolas were changing drastically my cycle was 2 days late then suddenly huge dark clots for less than 2 days didn't look like a period now my breasts dont hurt anymore but I have felt weird since and I'm afraid of gettin another test.

Hi I am 25 and i started my period on Thursday 13th May 2010. The bleeding was light at first and has been for a couple of days but yesterday Tuesday 18th May 2010, the bleeding has started to become very heavy and i am finding big black lumps on my pad and i am also weeing blood when i go to the toilet and am in extreme pain, please can you help me and let me know if i have had a miscarriage or if this is just normal as it not normal for me to be this heavy and never had big black lumps before and it feels like i am piddling myself when i am not.

Hi I have recently been trying for a baby. My period came tday and I have had similar symptoms as others on here. I usually get mild cramping but this time it was extreme pain from the beginning. I was later sat on the couch and a felt a sudden flush like a bubble coming from me so i went the toilet and a huge clot was coming out of me i then had bowel movment like pains and felt an urge to push which release more blood and clotting. About an hour later i felt the exact same thing and water blood came out with stringy like blood the pain instantly went and the bleeding has suddenly gone very light. Has anybody got any ideas what this could have been? is this normal??? xxx