It has been about 6 weeks since my last period. This morning I woke up to what I tought was the start of my period. But then I was haveing bad cramps and when I went to see if everything was ok I noticed that there was mass of something that was discharged, along with blood. How do I know if it was a miscarriage, or somethig else? Also will a pregnancy test still come up possitive?

Pregnancy tests come out positive 2 weeks after a miscarriage, so if you were pregnant it should still be positive.

I was about 7 weeks pregnant and started bleeding. I bled a medium flow of bright red blood for a day and a half. I had no cramps or blood clots. I went to the doctor and it was confirmed that I had a miscarriage. I wanted to post this because I didn't have the typical traumatic miscarriage symptoms. It was scary, but the only way you'll know for sure is to go to the doctor.

my periods are normally regular last up to 5days, this time last year i was having unprotected sex with boyfriend at the time and was 10 days late on my period by the time i had what i think was my period we had split up but i ended up having my period for 36 days, could this be due to stress or could it have been a miscarriage? i never took a test and waited until the 36 days of bleeding were over. i still wonder a year on what was happening, can anyone help?

I dont even know if I was pregnant but me and my boyfriend have been trying for a while now. I have been on my period as normal for almost a week now but it has been very very heavy. I woke up this morning to some cramps. Usually I dont get cramps when im on my period. I went to the restroom and found what looked like a clot of some sort. it was perfectly round and about the size of a quarter. The edges of it were a dark red and the center was just red... Could I have had a miscarriage?

i recently just had a miscarriage, i was around 8 weeks when i had it, and just reading what you said, its possible you might have.
when i got told i had a miscarriage, i was heavy bleeding, and had more cramping than i had ever had in my life.
a few hours later, i looked in my bad, and the plecenta had come out, so thats possibly what the clot looking thing is.
i'd go to a doctor to find out for sure.

I had my period a few days early this month and it was normal for the first day, but the second day I had terrible cramps and bled through 4 super tampons and 4 panty liners in an hour. Every time I went to the restroom to change everything, there was always a huge blood clot the size of a $.50 piece. I'm not sure what that was all about. After that, I spotted on and off for the next 2 days, then it stopped all together. What happened? I didn't know if I should have gone to the doctor or just monitor it and wait. Do you think it could have been an early miscarriage?

hi im very new at this but im very scared. i think its about 2 months im been having unprotected sex with my bf and i thought i wouldnt get pregnant cause it hasnt happen yet so i thought i was lucky. so now im 3 weeks late of my period. and this past few days ive been getting light spotting as you say. everytime i wipe i see light bleeding on the tissues so idk whats going on. and today when i woke up my underwear was soaked with blood but not acutally blood. it very light, not all blood. and it freaks me out. cause im very young to have a child and my family will disowned so im having alot of pressure. if anyone knows anything about wahts going with me its very important and ill be very thankful. :$

I had my last period 4 weeks ago. Then, 3 weeks later, I started feeling pregnant (I have been pregnant once before; I had it aborted). I had sore breasts, lower back pain, was emotional...and I just KNEW. At exactly 4 weeks, the DAY I was going to take a pregnancy test and then schedule an abortion, I woke up at 5 a.m., bleeding. I was fine, but then, the cramps hit me. All of a sudden, I was sweating, crying, and in more pain than I have ever been in my life. I lay in the bath tub because the hot water helped ease my pain about 2%, but I NEEDED that 2%. The cramps were so severe that I vomited. I also had the urge to empty my bowels. I have never been in so much pain in my life.
Then, suddenly, after 30 minutes or so, the pain lifted. Either the strong pain medication kicked in (doubtful, as I was throwing it up), or...I don't know. I bled for a few days after that, and had light cramping for a day or so. I was so out of it that morning, that I never noticed any tissue or anything, although I noticed some a day later.
The weird part is that I was very early (no more than 4 weeks), but the cramps were horribly severe. I am currently mourning the loss, and crying a lot--and the fact that I wanted to get it aborted makes me feel that much more guilty. Strangely enough, I had close to no emotional trauma after my abortion, just relief. In this case, I felt like I had no control over anything. Emotionally, it is very hard to deal with. I've had to learn how to get out of my head, which is hard for me to do, and to just let my body mourn...to just feel the pain helps.

Oh my. That same thing happened to me in March. I had noticed the month before that I did not get my period. I had only spotted for two days. I didn't think much of it and figured it was stressed induced. One night in early March, I started spotting randomly. I was alarmed because my period wasn't due yet. I put on a pad and continued on with my day. When I got home from work, I was relaxing in front of the tv with my fiance when all suddenly the worst bouts of cramps I had ever experienced occured. I felt like I was either going to throw up or c**p my pants from the pain. I was on the floor moaning in pain. My fiance stood by helpless, not sure of what to do. I got up and ran into the bathroom. My underwear was covred with bright red blood. My periods are never that color. I sat on the toilet, feeling like my uterus was going to fall out. I was sweating and clutching the side of the sink. Then it started to dissapate. I came out of the bathroom, relieved that it was over. Just as I sat backon the couch,the cramps started up again, worse than before. I was immoblike with pain. All I could do was bite the cushions and cry. I went to the bathroom again. This continued for 30-40 minutes. The pain would come in waves. I thought I was going to have to call 911, the pain was so bad. This was on a Friday night. My gynecologist wouldn't be in until Monday. I called and left a message, but they never called back. I kept trying to call them all that week,but they kept telling me that a nurse practioner would call me back. She finally did, a weeka and half later. She refused to make an appoinment for me. She insisted that it was my birth control that caused this. I do not think that's what made this happen, but she sure made me feel stupid for even calling. After reading your post, I am convinced that I had a miscarriage. Thank you sor sharing your story. I too am sad that this happened.

Everyone is entitled to their own decisions and opinions, if she did not want to experience having a baby emotionally or physically, it is none of your business. I have recently had a miscarriage and I'm very stressed and emotional. However, I am a spiritual person and I believe if the Lord wanted me to bare a child he would have let it happen. Therefore, please think of how you are making this woman feel. Choosing to abort a baby is a very huge deal. Don't think that it was just up and say " Ok I want to kill my baby" everyone has been through different things in life with different emotions and ways of thinking. If you are trying to get pregnant and cannot i recommend you pray. Weather you feel it gets you pregnant or not, the relationship with God you create will be very therapeutic. You are in my thoughts and Prayers. I wish you the best.

i think i experienced something like this my period was 2months late when i got my period (i taught it was my period) the pain was just terrible and and large clots(?) were on my underwair evertime i went to the toilet, it lasted just over two and a half months it stopped about 2 weeks ago but the cramps still come in small doses i dont know why and if it might have been a miscarriage? i never told anyone because of my age i was terrified i asked my doctor about it but he just told me to be safe and gave me a prescription for the pill. ?

Listen im A spirtual person, And me and my husband have been trying for some time now to conceive, and every time someone makes to comment if its ment to happen then you will be blessed with a child. Almost like Your saying that if its in gods plan for you then you will conceive a child. Well let me just say something for those of you who make this comment regularly to those of us who are trying so hard. DO YOU THINK IT WAS IN GODS PLAN FOR THE CRACK HEAD NEXT DOOR TO HAVE A CHILD.!!!  I dont think so. Lots of women cant take care of there child do to addictions. That wasnt in gods plan ether. So im just saying The Saying " if its ment to be then it will happen" is a very low blow to those who are trying hard to be a loving mommy.

Hello, I am 21 years old and this past month I was about a week and a half late in taking my birthcontrol pill. I had unprotected sex right after my last period. I was feeling pregnancy symptoms extremely sore breasts (even with the touch of water in the shower) and some others. I wasnt sure if it was because i was so late on my BC pills my hormones were all out of wack. I took two pregnancy test and they came out negatives but i took them i think too early. Now im on the sugar pill and i got my period but i have had extreme cramping and about twice now ive had tissue like substances on my pad. Could this be a possible miscarriage? I took a preganancy test again and it came out negative but then later on during the day i had more tissue like substance come out. 

I understand your pain, the chances of myself conceiving are very low. but taking your anger out on others is not going to help. I know it is frustrating and aggravating but at the end of the day... having a child isn't always right for some people at that moment in time. We should respect their decisions even if we don't feel it's right. At the end of the day it has nothing to do with us what they choose to do with their body and lives.