Hello! I have been fighting my depression for few years. I had my bad and good periods, tried alternative medicine, tried many traditional medicines and spent hours and hours at my therapist. I am still wondering why it had to happen to me. My doctor says feelings of depression are caused by a chemical changes in our brain. I suffer from hypoglycemia too. Does that mean that my depression developed from hypoglycemia?

Hello! Depression is a serious medical illness and a complex problem. I think that nutritional aspect of depression is very important. Vitamins, minerals and enzymes come for the food we eat and affect our brain. All biochemical reactions in our brain are driven by energy and energy comes from the food we eat. It has been found that most people with depression have hypoglycemia. Fluctuations of sugar level together with insulin and stress hormones are responsible for mood swings, insomnia, anxiety attacks and other symptoms of depression. You can always try a hypoglycemic diet and I am sure you will feel better in few months.