Hello! I am Mary and I am twenty eight. I am in the fourth month of pregnancy. I go to see my gynecologist regularly and I felt fine till last week. I was in my living room and I suddenly felt dizziness. I sit on my couch and took some water. Dizziness went away in a few seconds. Then I fainted at work the day after. My blood sugar was low and my doctor said it was hypoglycemia. Is hypoglycemia dangerous during pregnancy?

Hello! Hypoglycemia happens often in pregnancy. You probably didn’t eat enough and you ended with low blood sugar which made you feel dizzy. This could be dangerous because you can hurt yourself and a baby when fainting. You have to keep your blood sugar from getting too low by eating small meals every three hours. You can also always carry healthy snack which you can eat when you are hungry and you have to drink lots of liquid. There are some opinions that frequent exposure to hypoglycemia in utero may have long-term effects on offspring including neuropsychological defects.