Hello! Nowadays I can hear many talks about nutritional therapy. But, I am not sure what nutritional therapy actually is. I hope that you will be able to explain me this, because this is very interesting for me. I hope that you will know something more about this subject and that you will tell me. Thank you!

Hello! Well, I will do my best to explain you. Nutritional therapy has motto which is “food is medicine - medicine is food”. This is not always true, so, before start with nutritional therapy you need to consult your doctor. I am telling you this because nutritional therapists do not need any specified course and they do not need to be members of some professional register; so, because all of these you really need to be very cautious especially because modern medicine does not approves all of nutritional therapy methods.

Nutritional therapy is a system of healing based on the belief that food, as nature intended, provides the medicine we need to obtain and maintain a state of health: our food is our medicine and our medicine is our food. Although some health problems require specific medication, many conditions can be relieved effectively with nutritional therapy. These include disorders ranging from chronic fatigue, energy loss, insomnia and depression, to backache, skin complaints, asthma, and headaches.

Nutritional therapy will also benefit you if you have no specific illness, but want to maintain a state of optimum health. It is safe for babies and children as well as adults, and the change of eating patterns that is typically prescribed usually has far fewer side effects than synthetic medicines.

Nutritional therapy is a holistic discipline; nutrition as the key to good health is the all-embracing fundamental principle used since the time of the famous Greek doctor and founder of western medicine, Hippocrates, to help people of all ages to stay at their personal peak of energy and vitality. Today, new insights of food scientists play a significant role in the practice of nutritional therapy as preventative medicine.