I have noticed a problem with discharge, which is slimy and thick. I have noticed this not so long time ago, so I decided to visit my gynecologist. He told me that all females of reproductive age groups are prone to leucorrhoea at some time or the other. He said there are two different types of leucorrhea, pathological and physiological. Mine problem is second; and he said it causes me to have this slimy thick discharge, so I wonder if that is normal.

Pathological leucorrhoea occurs more commonly in people with poor hygiene and prostitutes, because they are more prone to venereal diseases, and pelvic inflammatory diseases. Physiological leucorrhoea means an excessive slimy thick discharge or secretions of a normal vagina. They are slimy in nature and occur commonly in teenage girls due to hormonal imbalance during puberty. It occur the most common at the time of ovulation period of the menstrual cycle, and before periods. In case of adults, clear slimy thick discharge occurs in addition to the ovulation time and before periods. It occurs also during early days of pregnancy and during sexual excitement. This thick slimy discharge is just like the mouth watering at the sight of delicious eatables. In this problem, only the amount of secretion is increased and all the other nature of secretion is the same. In addition, you cannot notice any leucocytes, pus cells, bacteria or blood in this leucorrhea with thick slimy discharge. This type of leucorrhoea also occurs in newborn female babies for a week or two, which is due to the estrogen hormone in the blood of the baby. Pathological leucorrhoea is a discharge occurring due to disease or malfunction of the female reproductive tract. If women ignore this, the infection will go inside to rob your uterus or fertility. The nature of discharge varies from slimy to thick bloody discharge with foul odor.

to all the people that get this discharge your probably not the only ones, i have never had it... but im sure i will at one point in my life. its nothing to be embaressed about, although it could be at the time you just have to except that its part of the hormones and part of growing up, and any women at any age can get this discharge being think!! all you have got to do is be higeinic whilst you have it, just so it doesnt start to smell, because thats when it'll start getting embaressing. But seriously, i would just advice you all to get on with your lifes. it could be worse. theres worse things out there than having discharge,!! nothing to worry about.:-D