Hello there, I dont want to gross anybody out or anything but i would really appreciate it if someone could inform me on my problem.

I've been with the same partner for the past 2 years...recently i started having some strange symptoms and i got myself tested for std's. I found out that i was positive for chlamydia. (he cheated). Thankfully it was found and i got the neccessary treatment. However, i started spotting again this month before my period came. And when i did get my period there were some thick slimy particles coming out. I almost think they were pieces of flesh, but im not sure.

Can someone tell me anything about this. Please, i've only been with one person in my life, so im wondering if maby i could have contracted somthing else from him, or gotten other complications.

I've read about PID and so many other complications that can occur. And im only 22 years old, i still want to have kids in my future. So i would like to avoid any further damage. Would really appreciate any advise

And im very worried.

oh wow...... I'm the same way. Except, I do not have any STDs. I Think it's normal. I once asked my doctor about thicker periods (of which the blood is almost brown in color) and she said it was normal. If it really is concerning you, just have it checked out. But if it makes you feel any better, I think it's normal. As for the ropey ("flesh-like") blood, uhm... that's just the actual lining of your uterus being shed (ew right?) But yah. No worries, stay safe.
:-)

hey i have an answer for you get rid of your man and your worries about the std's will be over. if my man gave me something like that i would show him to he door. don't worry anyway i have had the same kind of periods and that is normal. if concerned go to the doc.

Im only 16 but am currently sexually active, i had symptoms like dryness, burning, bladder infections/what i thought was yeast infections, and until we realized nothing was working medication wise my mom looked up in her book and she says i might too have chlamydia, im getting checked out tomorrow but i just got my period and flesh for sure did just come out, it wasn't thick blood or mucus, it was flesh.
I asked my boyfriend if hes had any symptoms of anything and he said no. so i dont know what to do, were both very worried and my mom is absolutely scared and doesnt know what to do.
can anyone please give me an answer as well as to what i can do about all this?

im sixteen and i have the same thing, im glad someone asked the question because i was getting worried. but i am worried about when im wearing tampons, is it ok when im having really thick periods? helppp.

i've only had sex with two people. but i have flesh coming out as well. like, circles of it. i'm sure it's just symptoms of endometriosis. (it runs in the family) but definately call your obgyn!!! he/she is all knowing about the Vajoo!

I am much older and have experienced all of the above. It sounds like you have Bacterial Vaginosis. I know that when I first became sexually active I got a mild Urinary Tract Infection along with Bacterial Vaginosis. You can tell the difference with that and a Yeast Infection because if you have a Yeast Infection you will have clumpy white stuff coming out. If it is a bacterial infection you will have a yellowy discharge that smells like a fishy odor. You can get it by a broad range of things from wearing your tampon/pad too long, not cleaning yourself correctly down there, using soap that has too much detergent, or your partner not being cleanly and causing impurities to enter into you. I hope this helps..... oh and sometimes, for me at least, bacterial vaginosis feels like a very mild UTI.

I totally understand the thick slimy particles coming out. I've had that ever since I started my period about 3 years ago. For me it's normal, and I think it can be normal for many other women too. Honestly, I don't think it's a STD. (I was tested for them when I went to get examed for pelvic pain and I was negative.) Go talk to your doctor about it, because there may be a chance that you have endometriosis (which is what I have). I don't know all your symtoms and I'm not a doctor, but since you're worried, go get it checked out. It's probably nothing since it seems like alot of women have it. Just take a deep breath and relax and go talk to your doctor.

Women run a higher risk of STDs because of the anatomy of our sexual organs - being internal and somewhat complicated. The male organ is external and can be cleaned easier etc. That doesn't mean they don't get STDs, but often it is the woman and the woman's symptoms are worse. I agree, get rid of that guy. Sometimes what looks like flesh is blood clots. I also had that when I had a miscarriage. The best thing is to talk to your doctor and be honest about what is going on.

Hi im 15 and have the same problem can you tell me should i be worried.The thing is in not sexually active so what could this be from??

The whole reason you have period in the first place is because your uterus sheds its lining. This is why it bleeds as well. The flesh-like stuff really is flesh! 

It's apart of your menstrual its nothing to worry about. Your body is recleaning itself through ovulation, your cycle..

I'M Just a 14 year's old girl not never had sex but i have some brown thick discharge blood come during periods. have ever noticed when we have some kind of cut in finger from knife it bleed's liquid but during periods blood come thick thick ? i'm so depressed sister help me !

i have a question for u i just had a baby 5 weeks ago c section tho i was almost done bleeding untill today i geuss i got my period now im bleeding so bad i cant lay down n those fleshy gross things are like pouring out of me i dont no wat to do im thinking bout goin to the ER in the mornng but any ideas how to get threw the night like how to make ur blood thicker

I know some of these comments were a long time ago but honestly it sounds like blood clots to me. If your not sure google blood clots. Skip most of the pics and find the ones that look like people holding them with gloves one or heck even TP. Don't if your at all squeamish but since your experiencing them first hand it should t be too bad. Also don't worry they are normal find the wiki pedia page on menstral cycles I think it said over 60% of women experience them. Good luck and safe sex!