Hello! I am in the 8th month of pregnancy and Lately I started having thick, mucus discharge from my vagina. I have no idea where it came from. I was tested for all STDs when I got pregnant. We did have sex after the testing but there isn’t a way that we could have got std then. Is it possible that those tests didn’t track an std previously or that any of those bacteria got infected now during pregnancy or something.

Hello! It is probably none of your fears. It is actually quite normal for pregnant women to have some additional, thick discharge especially at the late stages of pregnancy. At first, the cervix and vaginal walls get softer during pregnancy and discharge increases to help prevent any infections travelling up from the vagina to the womb. But in late stages, the baby’s head may be pressing on the cervix and this can cause discharge. This can sometimes be quite heavy discharge, and may feel as though you’ve accidentally passed urine. However, if the discharge becomes smelly or weird color, then you should talk to the doc who is leading your pregnancy.

i find your reply to marje so helpful. i am too having worries. excited for our first baby. happy day!

What kind of worries are you having? About discharge as well or is there something else/
I’ve been through two pregnancies and I know how you may feel. So many questions…..what if this, what if that……will my baby be ok…..how does this influence my baby …..and all sorts of questions.
My best friend is a nurse and I asked for explanation on almost all my worries. She made my anxiety less severe with her good answers and patience.

So, if you have something on your mind, feel free to ask, maybe I’ve been there!!!

hi, i just had a baby to a month and a half ago, and im still having the thick mucus discharge that started my ninth month of pregnancy. the only difference is now it is starting to smell strong and dosent seem to be decreasing any time soon. i told my doctor and hes treated me for a yeast and bladder infection and still hasnt went away, what could it be? is it normal. what kind of smell should i be aware of?