Hello, I am 29 and have 2 children, 3/6. As far as I know I am not pregnant and have no STD's. I thought maybe I started my period as I was more wet today. I checked and did not. Later, as I was taking a bath and washing I noticed a clump of mucus floating like vaginal discharge near my vagina and still attatched ...i pulled on it and it was a very thick gel-like slimy consitensy...yes jelly or snot like. No more was felt inside...then I washed a bit more and more came out. It was tinged a bit with one very lil pink dot like blood color. But then 10 min later after being out and moving some more came out...in all about the size of a silver dollar. There is ABSOLUTELY NOOO smell or odor to it. I do not have any other symptoms. I did stop wearing the patch about 3 weeks ago due to the irritation from the adhesive. Any Ideas what this is?

When I started the patch, I experienced some odorless vaginal discharge but it was only at the beginning.

You may suffer from yeast infection. It is not sexually transmitted disease; it is caused by multiplying bacteria called Candida that already lives in the vagina. The inflammation can occur after taking antibiotics or steroids, by pregnancy, menstruation, or bc pills.
Vaginal discharge is most often followed by burning and itching, sometimes even pain during intercourse.

If this discharge persists for over a week, you should visit a gynecologist to see what it is all about.

i am having similar problems only mine is a thick, slimy discharge that is red. i started my period last thursday and it lasts through monday (very rarely to tuesday). but wed. and thurs. of this week i have had the discharge but only when i wipe after using the bathroom is it apparent (meaning...not bleeding into a pad like with a period). any thoughts on this? it concerns me. how long should i wait before seeing a doctor?

karlyr: It sounds to me like you have describe the mucus that normally occurs around ovulation. It could be that your body is now ovulating again after being on the patch. Hope this helps

ssc, i have the same problem. I dont know what it is. However, i havent had a period in 2 months now but am definitely not pregnant.

Anyone have any help?

I also have the same sort of thing. Today when I had my period, in the flow there was a whitish gel lump about the size of a three nickles stacked together. I looked at it and it was sort of mucusy but it didn't look like there was any form to it. I have been having a lot of pain with this period but I also have a back problem so I just figured it was mostly my back acting up. My period was also two days late (even though I'm on the pill). I also had a light period last month. Is it possible I was pregnant and miscarried or is this just ovulation. I have heard the signs of ovulation show up more in your mid twenties. I am almost 25. I do not for sure have any STDs.

Same thing here ladies... And mine get's wierder. I miscarried about 6 weeks ago and had D&C to complete. I only bled lightly for a few days afterwards. Then about four weeks after the miscarriage (2 weeks ago) I had a normal period. After the period I went to my OBGYN to have get a check up b/c of the miscarriage and to see if it was safe to start trying again. He did a pelvic and said everything was healed and fine. So we've been trying to get pregnant again and I'm having large amounts of this brownish slimy discharge... I find it mostly when I wipe after urinating.

I know the best bet is to go to the Dr. ...But I was just there like 10 days ago and I don't want to overreact and spend a ton of money for him to tell me it's nothing.

I guess I'm just confused. I don't have any pain, fever or foul smells, so I'm guessing it's not an infection. I've read that brown discharge is dead blood cells, but why now? Weird. Anythought's would be great!

Sounds like the mucus plug. Every once in awhile I get that too. Nothing to worry about.
As far as the brownish discharge after the D&C, even though its weeks later, its probably just old blood. Old blood is dark and gross looking. I had some after my TR, it was about a week later, and my surgeon told me it is simply old blood making its way out. Always best to seek professional advice, but I really wouldnt worry about it.

I just noticed that same thing. I have two girls ages 4 and 6 and am now on the nuvaring for about a year. I just put a new one in yesterday and today i went to the bathroom and the same gross, snotty clear with pink tinge. What kinda freaked me out was the fact that that hasnt happened since my mucus plug came out when i was pregnant. I am pretty sure that I am not pregnant since i have only been off my period for about two days. I guess we will see, since i have to go get a repap in three days.. I guess ill let ya know.....

im 19 and have been on the pill for about a year,but half way through taking my pill this month i started my period and i had the same kinda real thick mucus stuff coming out,but it was bright red.Any ideas,because i am extremely paranoid. :-( x x

Im 17 and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex two days ago. Then today after using the bathroom i wiped and there was a light/darkish brown discharge but only when i whiped. I know im going threw ovulation right now but it has never been kinda bloody/brown before. Could this mean that i conceved a baby?

so here is my problem,
im 27 years old, have one child, and over a month ago i went to the doctor regarding a nasty yeast infection which i took a pill for, and the symptoms calmed down however, im still feeling very mild itching and burning. what has really concerned me is that my last period was noteably heavier than ever before with lots of clots and bright red blood for 7 days straight, now its the 12th day and i am still finding a brownish discharge mixed with some pink and red and small clots, but only after i urinate.
there is no foul smell, no pain during urination, no cramping , only mild itching, burning, and some abdominal bloating. i have no stds, i was tested when i went to the doctor for the yeast problem. im really paranoid, my mother had a hysderectomy for cysts i think or maybe tumors, but what is this itching burning and discharge? what if the doctor misdiagnosed me for the stds it doesnt help that i have no insurance, i cant afford to go get numerous tests! im freaking out. help!

Hi ladies,
I have been reading and finding comfort in the fact that I am not alone in experiencing these red mucus-like discharges. I had an abortion a month ago and I was not sure that it was related to that. I mean I went back for my check-ups like I should have and the doctor ssid everything was clear.

I'm 20 years old and i have also been getting the same type of clear with blood discharge! Along with that i get massive period like cramps! i figure this happens due to stress and exercising. Then my last period was late by like 3 days and when i finially got some kindda flow it only lasted like 2½ to 3 days when my regular is 5 days! i know 100% i cannot be pregnet but i get super worried and paranoid when it comes down to things like this! I also went to see the doctor and he told me that skipping a period at my age is normal & can also be a cycle change any suggestions :!:

hey...m 23yrs now...from last 20 days m getting thick slimy discharge with blood tinged in it and some times pinkish...strange thing is that the blood is not continous but occurs once in 2 days but discharge is curdy white.... no smell or odor...i dont have any pain,itching, burning sensation on vulva or while urinating....everything seems to b normal except the discharge...m having a boyfriend he is having fungal infection...we had sex 20days back...m scared that is this infection has spread to me?can anybody tell me wat is it plzz...plzz giv me some suggestions for the treatment...it wil b very helpful to me

one more thing yesterday i found a round pinkish patch on my thigh and my thighs and legs itchy....help mee out plzzz..