Hi, I'm 55 years old and I have some suspicions that I might have stomache cancer. Lately I have been feeling ill, have pain in my stomache area, I have lost my appetite, I have had some fever, although it wasn’t much, also I have been vomiting, throwing up almost anything I ate. One of my friends has told me that those may be the symptoms of stomache cancer. I'm also very concerned because my father and grandfather died of stomache cancer. What exactly are the symptoms of stomache cancer and how can I know if I have it or not?

Stomache cancer is one of the most common cancers in general. It is especially dangerous because most people have no symptoms at all before the advanced stage of the disease appears, and when it does it is usually too late to do anything to save the life of a cancer sufferer. That’s why it is very important to report any symptoms that might raise suspicion of a stomache cancer. Common early symptoms of stomache cancer include: mild upper abdominal discomfort associated with nausea and loss of appetite, difficulty swallowing because of a tumor involving the upper part of your stomache, near the esophagus, feeling of fullness after taking only a small amount of food. These symptoms are also common for the series of gastrointestinal diseases so most of the people mistakenly take them for something else. The sure symptoms of gastric cancer are: fatigue, weight loss, iron deficiency anemia, overt blood loss, vomiting blood or passing black stools, severe nausea and vomiting. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms you should report to your doctor as soon as possible. Still I think that in your case it’s probably just a gastric infection of some kind, maybe even a mild case of ulcer, but since you have a family history of gastric cancer it would be the best if you report these symptoms to the doctor and have him do some additional tests on you just to be safe. I hope that everything will work out for the best for you, hope to hear from you after your visit to the doctor.

kerrianne - i read not too long ago that surgery was performed to remove the stomaches of an entire family who had a long history of stomache cancer. this was the family's way of avoiding the inevitable. i believe it was done at Stanford hospital. i pray that you do not have stomache cancer. you might want to go to google the story...sorry, i can't remember how i discovered the article.

i, too, experience the same things you have described, which brought me to this website.

im 16 n i started gettin a few of those symptoms a few months back n it has never really gone, i have difficulty eating and feel quite ill alot of the time when i try to eat n it feels as thoguh if i swallow im going to vomit back up. luckily i havnt actually been sick from it. i also have a loss of appettite, i feel starving alot of the time but i know i cant eat and dont feel like eating. i am going to see my doctor about it on wednesday, its took a while to get an appointment but oh well. got one now. its probably just an eating disorder and im being paranoid. better safe than sorry though. what do you reckon? **********
cheers

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

My name is Towanda i have been having stomache pains for the last month. At first i thought it was gas but now the pains are getting worst. When i go to eat i feel full and don't finish eating. I have lost weight at least enough that it is noticable. Noboby in my family on my mother's side ever had cancer but my father had throat cancer but i don't know too much of my father's side of the family medical history. I do have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and i am kind of nervous the doctor's nurse said that they will do a lot of blood work.

Hello, I am writing in response to all these answers. My grandmother was just diagnosed with stomache cancer. Best thing to say is that if you have any symptoms or suspect you have stomach cancer. PLEASE ensure you do a scope. That was the only way they found the cancer in my grandmother. They had done tests prior, found nothing, and by the time she complained about the pain for the millionth time, they decided to do the scope and found the cancer. If they would have done this procedure before, chances would of been better to have done radiation or kemo to control it.

I had a close friend who was initially diagnosed with uterine cancer and it turned out to be STOMACH cancer. By the time the dr.s did their correct diagnosis she was terminal. All I know is if you suspect something like stomach cancer make sure you get the H. Pylori test. My friends count was WAY, WAY off the charts, they couldn't even measure it with the test it was so high. There's number one sign of stomach cancer. She looked fine, but started getting bloated in her belly until it looked pregnant. And she couldn't even eat and apple without feeling full like she had just stuffed herself. Anyway, I don't want to scare you and it could be nothing, so many small things have symptoms like serious things even when they are not. But she was 52, a healthy person who didn't eat junk food. And one day, she didn't go for a second opinion and waited around for two years and finally there was nothing that could be done for her. SO JUST GO GET IT CHECKED OUT if you feel you have some of these signs. Or just to reassure yourself that you are ok.