hi my name is kerrie i am 21 with 3 children aged 7, 5 and 1 and iv been very worried about some symptoms im getting. i am using IUD for birth controll. i have been told by my family that the last 3 generations (my mum, gran and great gran plus an auntie have all had cervical cancer and womb cancer we have all had our children very young. but my symptoms are getting very dizzy and hot flushes alot at the same time, feeling tired alot , i tend to bleed for 2 / 3 weeks on and off out of the month i have very bad stomache pains, and in my back and legs and for the past month my discharge has changed from being very light and clean, to like a thick cream and now to a strange yellow snot that doesnt smell very pleasent which is strange as i am a very clean person please could you give some advice on what to do as i am to petrafied to see a docter thankyou for your time and sorry for the long essay lol

Dear Kerrie: I TRULY TRULY believe it is your IUD! that is causing all of this. A very dear friend of mine used an IUD and what happened was it imbedded itself into her. It became infected and she had the EXACT same symptoms as you are describing! Since your doctor is aware of your family history, he/she should be giving you a yearly pap test.

I truly do NOT think this is cancer at all, because they call "female" cancers - uterus, ovaries, womb etc - the silent killers. Because most women do not have a clue, what is happening till it's too late. PLUS these are the most curable of all of the cancers. So don't worry hon OK? - easier said than done I know - but you do need to see the doctor, he needs to give you an ultrasound and an internal, and I would suggest having your IUD removed, ALSO if you use tampons, it COULD be TSS - Toxic Shock Syndrome. This was HUGE problem in the 80's, but it seems to be coming back again. It is bacteria on the tampon that has been left in too long. So go get checked out OK, and I am sure you will be just fine.

Keep me posted OK, Kerrie! Good luck and health!

Bambi is totally right and I just wanted to post to support what she's saying and just trying to encourage you to go see a doctor. I think that you're going to be fine--just get the IUD removed to rule out any of the other factors as well. But I think that's what it is. IUDs really do cause a lot of issues like this so I think you should be fine. Keep us posted, okay? And please do see your doctor asap.