I have been a vegetarian for about 7 years. I don't eat red meat, pork, lamb, chicken, eggs etc... in the past 6 months I have given up fish/seafood entirely except for shrimp on occasion. I occasionally eat ice cream and I do eat cheeses. Several weeks ago in an effort to be healthier I quit drinking all soda and instead replaced my 2L daily Diet Coke "habit" of 10 years with water. I used to rarely drink water. I also eliminated all caffeine and chocolate.

Here's the thing, since giving up soda, caffeine and chocolate 3 weeks ago and drinking more water I have started feeling like total c**p! About a week ago I began to have a feeling of heaviness in the area of my breast bone, like there is a lump there that I can't feel from the outside and it is the same when standing up or lying down. I also have the feeling that I cannot get a full breath of air into my lungs. When I can't take a deep breath, I end up yawning, which helps for a minute or two, but then the feeling of not being able to get adequate air returns, and I have to yawn again. I am not sleepy, It just seems like the only way I can get enough air into my lungs. Along with that is a feeling of fullness even when I haven't had much to eat or drink. My upper stomach (above my belly button) is distended. I laid on my back and pushed on my upper and lower abdomen, and I really don't feel pain anywhere, just the discomfort from my stomach being distended. I have begun belching alot more recently, which I have to stand up or sit up straight to do or else I will burp up little bits of food and burning acid. My bowel movements really haven't changed at all, sometimes they are loose, sometimes not. I'm not feeling gassy either. I am not really nauseous or vomiting at all. When these symptoms first began a week ago I had an extreme lack of appetite for about 3 days, with a moment of nausea at the thought of food. That feeling has passed and I do feel hungry at times again, but nowhere near the appetite I had for food before. I kind of dread eating because I feel worse when I do. I'm just always aware of my stomach being uncomfortably distended. I have felt generally fatigued lately as well. I can function and get day to day things done. I'm not falling asleep during the day, I just am lacking energy to do anything extra.

The internet has been kind of a curse since I'm now certain that I have gastric cancer, Gastropareisis, crohns, scleroderma, pancreatitis, colon cancer, etc, etc...

I have an appointment set up with my gp but any advice from this forum would also be welcome. I'm doing my best not to panic.

People who are reducing caffeine intake often feel irritable, unable to work, nervous, restless, and feeling sleepy, as well as having a headache. In extreme cases, nausea and vomiting has also can occur. Quitting caffeine can be difficult, just like stopping any addiction. Try small amounts of caffeine when the withdrawal symptoms are too severe. The tricky thing about this is that you have to be able to control your caffeine intake. Replace your caffeinated beverages slowly with more and more non-caffeinated ones. Avoid caffeine pills. Caffeine pills contain more caffeine than most people think.

This sounds like you should definitely report these symptoms to a medical professional for further diagnostic/prognostic workup.  I am a little concerned that you reveal breast tenderness as well as difficulty catching your breath along with weight loss/loss of appetite and fatigue.  These symptoms can be hallmarks of cancerous malignancy worth looking into promptly.  Get a physical and explain your concerns in detail to him/her.  I pray these are an incidental culster of symptoms, but certainly you would be wise to explore this further with objective testing -eg., X-rays, CT scan, PET scan, and blood tests etc. if recommended by an NP, MD, or other licensed healthcare professional.  Please take care of yourself and minimize stress -- self-induced or otherwise.

I'm feeling the same I think. Fullness right under below my rib cage. More after eating, but is really there all the time.
I went to my PCP today and have a gallbladder scan tomorrow. I hope I can get to the bottom of this. Gastric Cancer doesn't sound good, but at least you know what it is and can start treating it?

It's a haitial hernia. .. I've been suffering for 3 months now

7doghouse171988
Having the same feelings. Dis you managed to get an answer from any healthcare professional.