I am 16 years old and very scared. Two years ago my father has died of a colon cancer and I am afraid that I have it too. I went to see a doctor. Because I had a blood in my stool. He took my blood for some tests and I am still waiting for the results. I would like to know if it's possible that I have colon cancer.

It is hard for me to say if you got colon cancer or not. Your doctor is the only one who can tell you that due to a fact that he knows details about your condition. I will give you some information about colon cancer, to calm you down until you get your results. The colon is the part of the digestive system where the waste material is stored. Tumors of the colon and rectum are growths arising from the inner wall of the large intestine. Benign tumors are called polyps and malignant tumors are called cancers. Benign polyps can be easily removed during colonoscopy, and they are not life threatening but if they are not removed they can become malignant over time. Most of the cancers of the large intestine are believed to have developed from polyps. Diagnostic tests for colon cancer are colonoscopy, blood tests, x-rays, ultrasound, tests for blood in the stool and many others. Treatment for colon cancer can involve surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. You are very young to have a colon cancer but I understand that you are worried, and that is normal. I am sure that everything will be ok.

you need a colonoscopy TODAY

I have hemroids and I had that exact same symptom of having blood in my stool. It is very possible you just have hemroids.

maribel have a good synopsis. Usually colonoscopies are recommended yearly once you are older (50). I would recommend that if you have a history of early onset colon cancer in your family, you start having yours done sooner (25-30) You may or may not have to pay for it based on your insurance company. Some insurance companies are going more preventative so it would be cheaper for them in the longe run to pay for a colonoscopy then cancer treatment so you may be able to submit a letter with info on your father and have it covered. It is possible that you have a family history which increases your chance of having colon cancer because of polyps, which can cause blood in your stool. Have it checked out now so you know what you are facing. Also, either see a specialist who can tell you preventative measures to help decrease chance or visit websites, support groups which may have info.

You probably don't have it Rinker so please calm down. What you will need to do is do colon cancer screening when you are older, since you have a history of cancer in your family. Some people never get it even with one or both parents having different types of cancer, so you might get lucky. :-) No reason to freak out, just use common reason and preventative check ups will keep you safe. Stay positive and off stress!

16 years old? I'd say I'm 99% positive you don't have colon cancer. That's statistics my friend.

im 16 too and i went to a chiropractor for back pains and i got an xray done n he said somethins wrong wit my colon so i have 2 go get that checked out too. my aunt had colon cancer because she was an alcoholic and did pills which made her throw up alot and i was told that can contribute to colon cancer. well iv had a problem with pills n throwing up so im worried to. I know im still young n its highly unlikely for me to have colon cancer but i dont know if my bad habbits may have increased my chance of having it.

Hey I'm 27 now and I'm two years free of colon cancer. I was 23years @ time I found out my father died of colon and stomache cancer.........just wonding how things turned out with you. :-D