Hi, guys. There is a history of esophageal cancer in my family and nowadays I have been experiencing some problems with swallowing. I would like to know what the symptoms of this cancer are, so I can see what to do next. I would really appreciate all the replies you can give me considering this topic.

Hi, there. One of the first and most important symptoms is dysphagia. It is painful and difficulty swallowing. Usually, these patients start with taking softer food. There is also a significant weight loss. Chronic cough is also something that may appear. Sometimes a person can even cough blood. Vomiting also appears. Since you have a positive history of this cancer in your family, you should really visit a specialist. I hope this is only a false alarm and that everything will be all right with you. Please, let me know when the exams are done.