I had been on therapy of Helicobacter pylori. I have heard that these bacteria live in the stomach lining of many people, usually without any symptoms. It causes inflammation of the stomach lining, ulcers and also increases the risk of stomach cancer. This really scared me so I want to know more about stomach cancer. How can I recognize first sign of that, or what are the symptoms of stomach cancer?

The exact causes of stomach cancer are not yet fully understood. There is wide variation from country to country in the numbers of people affected with it. Less industrialised countries generally have the highest rates of patients. Early stomach cancer can have very mild symptoms. They are similar to indigestion symptoms. This includes feeling full after eating only a small meal, heartburn, nausea, stomach pain, vomiting and difficulty swallowing. As the cancer advances, there may be additional symptoms such as weight loss. Patients report vomiting blood, or passing blood in the stools. This is not usually fresh, red blood, but dark blood because it came from stomach. Fresh blood often means there are bleeding hemorrhoids. The blood loss may go unnoticed, but after some time it is causing anaemia. Many people suffer of the symptoms like indigestion, and the vast majority does not have stomach cancer. Anyway if you get any of these symptoms, you should seek medical advice.

Well here it is. I have cancer in my family. and since I was small I always had this crazy thought that I was goign ot die from cancer. But what is scaring me now s that I have severe problems. I have hair loss, and weight loss, I can barley eat anything without feeling sick, I have constant aches and pains in my back and stomach. I have a problem with swallowing, and it is almost like I have a pop in my neck sometimes.. I go to swallow and it feels like someone just stabbed me in the neck. I know that this all might mean nothing.. but I don't even know how to go about seeking further help. I am a little lost... it also does not help that I don't really trust doctors at all.. and I don't know what I should do about asking someoen fro tests or what not. If anyone could e-mail me and give me some sort of suggestion it would be very much appreciated. My e-mail is ***... put the subject as cancer so that I know it is not just junk mail... thank you so much for your time and consideration on this matter! Sincerly~ Megan Ryan

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

tried for a baby on my most fertile days 28 jan to the 2nd feb now getting stomach cramps an itchy stomach back ache could i be pregnant done a pregnancy test but it was negative have i done the test to early

im messed up bad atm
confused and anxietys wrecked me ... last night i also fell off a roof and dislocated my arm for the 2nd time >.>
BUT
6 weeks ago i starteed intense bike riding healthy eating hardly no oil in my diet with lots of veg...
suddenly i got this discomfort 2 weeks later ....... lowerr left next to the belly butoon .. i thought it looked like a lump or my stomach swelling
first dr said ... its normal intestines move
2nd dr said no to hernia or ceptic ulcer .... and to come back in 2 weeks
2 weeks later..... still there..... it annoys me cause i dunno wat to ttell my mum and dad if i got cancer
cause their already stressed out as it is
if anyone wants to know my updates or can help me ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

chat later

hi umm I'm Libby and I'm conserned about my mothers health.....I'm only in middle school so.... Umm anyway I think my mom has stomch cancer or somthing because she has all the sytophex ( Terrible speller)  If someone could reply soon that would be awsome thank you for your support.                   ~ Libby

Wow I'm the same way. When I was younger I alway thought the same and now everything I see or hear regarding any sickness I want to get check by a DR

well mine is whenever i eat a meal i always feal like throwing up espically at night does that mean i have stomach cancer

sometimes i even do like last year i used to always and the dr gave me a medicine called pepcid it worked but this year it came back i hate it

You need to have an edoscopy done frequently to catch any cancer at the early stages. That's what I have heard, learned. You should be ok as long as it is the early stages. Nobody can prevent sickness or cancer completely, just be proactive.

sorry to her that my stomach hurts right now in the night what can i do