My cat died. I want to know if the excessive phlegm, which kept him from swollowing was from throat cncer. The vet said it was, but the whole episode started with a viral infection. The cat could no longer swollow without phlegm dripping or bubling from his mough. It was sticky like glue. Very little food if any actually was swollowed. He went from 11 lbs. to 6.2 lbs in about 2 months.

Did your vet do any testing to find out if your cat actually had cancer?

The reason I ask is because one of my cats just passed away from Hodgkins-like Lymphoma. She had a lump in her throat. After a few chemo treatments, she developed an upper respiratory infection. She had excessive mucus from congestion. Just curious. You can read more about her at...

paws4critters-ashleyjournal.blogspot.com

I am so sorry about your cat im not an expert but i do know about throat cancer in cats as my cat had it bless her, she only passed away yesterday i can tell you that she had the excessive phlegm she couldnt swallow and she kept gagging as if she was trying to bring up a furr-ball but white bubbly foam was coming out so i think maybe the phlegm must be normal because her swallow had gone and if you cant swallow saliva its got to come out of the mouth or nose, i hope this helps a bit, Its so not nice to watch i only realised something was wrong with my molly a week and a half ago it happened so quick for her i dont even know whether she had suffered before hand im so sad at the moment so i understand how you must be feeling its an awful thing to happen
Haidee

My baby boy Tom (13) was diagnosed with cancer of salivary glad on Fri 11 June, and told yesterday there was no treatment that would help. He has been prescribed anti inflammatory and pain relief to keep him comfortable.

I have 3 cats, all of which are my absolute world and love them so much. I am devastated by the news as Tom is such a lovely boy and does not deserve his diagnosis.

I can't stop crying and can't imagine life without him. At the moment he is still eating very soft food mixed with water, but has the gagging reflex when he eats. To look at him, he looks perfectly healthy apart from the noticable lump on the side of his face.

I have asked my vet about any special diet that can be administered to him, she was not aware of anything. But I have been researching and found a product called Catsure, has anyone used it. I am desperate as I don't want to lose my baby boy, but I know it is inevitable, which hurts like hell

I moved to Canada 7 months ago or so and had to leave my beloved Maine Coon behind. I was informed yesterday that the person we left him with had simply "forgotten" to tell us that he died shortly after we left from throat cancer. Anyway the only symptoms I could think of that were to do with his throat were that he would dribble excessively and he would throw up every other morning. I feel really stupid for never having considered it.

I just took my cat today for a lump and the vet thinks its cancer of the salivary glad. The first step was blood work. The next step is to biopsy the lump. Is that how you received your diagnosis? He is old, but I still don't want to loss him. Im really worried.

My 18 yr old cat passed away,she had swollen thyroid she act like her throat was sore.She had big appetite.watery diarrhea got very skinny.i took her vet twice,gave her medicine for diarrhea,but didn't help much.i found another vet for my other cat.i just wish I knew my cat died from,has be more than thyroid.

Why did you left the cat being for me is unthinkable!

our male cat is 16 years old with throat cancer. He is still loving and I feed him small amounts very often. I know it will not be long before I will hold him for a last time. I think he will be the last animal I will adopt. It is extremely painful losing them. Very difficult and painful.

I feel for you, my kitty is recovering from having a mass tumor removed from his lyranx and will be tested for cancer. He is 16. I'm praying daily for him and will add you to my prayers

syringe feed clinicare or see if will lap up. Syringe feeding is last resort.

I have also lost my cat to mucus in his throat xray swab done came back enterococcus, medication give for months nothing cured him we took him in from the owner as he was living outside all the time night he was 13 1/2 the vet said just before we had him put to sleep he was showing neurological signs referral mentioned but they said they might not find a reason or might find something they could not treat, he lost weight low temp low heart rate we had to let him go. I am so sad and miserable we could not find a cure or help him I just want to know why nothing could be done, vets not very forthcoming with anything to help me understand and move on.

Did the surgery help ?