was x-rayed tuesday. doctor found a small compression fracture at t-6. i'm on vicodin and soma. do these injuries heal? besides dno't bend forward at the waist, don't lift anything over 5 pounds and don't exercise what else can i do to encourage healing?

Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) unit helps promote bone healing and helps reduce pain, whereas Electrical Muscle Stimulator (EMS) helps prevent atrophy of muscles in an inactive person. They are available online at very affordable prices.

Hi there,
It is hard to tell if this will be able to heal on its own. In my opinion you shouldn’t let this without any treatment. You need to find some kind of therapy for your compression fracture in order to get rid of this problem as soon as possible. Did your doctor give you any prescription for the treatment, except the vicodin and soma? You will be able to get back to normal but I am not sure how long will it take for you to get rid of this problem. I think that you need to rest a lot in order to avoid any further complications. I hope that this was helpful.

Best wishes,
Marco