Over a year ago I was diagnosed with HSV-2. My first outbreak lasted about two weeks and I had the worst fever ever. I was told that your first outbreak would be you worst. I didn't have another outbreak for about another year. It wasn't the best but it was easer than the first. My next outbreak however is starting to really worry me. It started about a month ago and hasn't stopped. At this point it doesn't even look like herpes. It began with my fever, the sensation around my grown, and itchy feeling. Within a few days it began. But it just never stopped. This time skin was flaking off of my shaft and scrotum. This has never happened like this before. Every day it never seemed to heal properly. I've tried everything. Epsom salt baths. I used a cool blow dryer to dry the area. I bathed twice a day sometimes and it just won't heal. The area doesn't really look like blisters anymore. It's like one big rash on my scrotum and my thigh. It's always a film of puss on it that's kinda yellow and has a foul smell. I don't know what to do. I don't have insurance and I'm scared. I don't think herpes was ever supposed to be like this. I'm afraid I'm suffering from something else. I don't know what I should do. Any suggestion or similar stories would help. I can't walk it so sore and this puss just ruins my boxers. When I sleep in the morning it just filled with this yellow odor smelling stuff. Thank you for any help.

The same thing happend to me... but it never looked like herpies shown in pictures. it flakes it itches it burns and i get these puss filled spots on my thighs. (thay look like pimples) But i pop advil liquid caps every 4-6 hours cause its a non-staroidal anti-inflamitory as I saw redness and assumed inflamation. hot showers and some times i just let my nuts run under for a few minuts scrubbing with soap and water to get all the flakes off. I shower 2-3 times a day cause it hurts. and Ive slown down at work cause I "cant move as fast" but im going to see a doctor about this on 9/2/08 and ill post results afterword just to help yea buddy. I got tricked and she did me dirty. Ive been like this for 2 years and im now getting on insurance.

I have the exact same symptoms.
I had an outbreak begin on 8-10-08 and it still has not healed yet (9-2-08)and appears to be getting worse.

None of the normal symptoms of my usual outbreaks (had it for 17 years).

Redness, swelling, itching, flakiness and a yellow discharge apparently seeping through the skin like sweat. I'm having problems working/ walking etc. as well.
PLEASE! Someone give us an answer to what is going on!!!!!

Web MD

Shingles (herpes zoster) is a viral infection of the nerve roots. It causes pain and often causes a rash on one side of the body, the left or right. The rash appears in a band, a strip, or a small area. Shingles is most common in older adults and people who have weak immune systems because of stress, injury, certain medicines, or other reasons. Most people who get shingles will get better and will not get it again.

Shingles symptoms happen in stages. At first you may have a headache or be sensitive to light. You may also feel like you have the flu but not have a fever.
Later, you may feel itching, tingling, or pain in a certain area. That’s where a band, strip, or small area of rash may occur a few days later. The rash turns into clusters of blisters. The blisters fill with fluid and then crust over. It takes 2 to 4 weeks for the blisters to heal, and they may leave scars. Some people only get a mild rash, and some do not get a rash at all.
It’s possible that you could also feel dizzy or weak, or you could have long-term pain or a rash on your face, changes in your vision, changes in how well you can think, or a rash that spreads. If you have any of these problems from shingles, call your doctor right away

Shingles is NOT genital herpes!

Shingles is the herpes zoster virus related to chicken pox, and usually doesn't appear 'till one is in their 50s or 60s. (The "band, strip, rash" typically appears on one's torso, below the chest). Anyone who has had chicken pox (most of us) is a potential candidate to develop shingles in their later life.

It is not HSV2.

However, anyone who feels that they may have shingles should go to their doctor and start anti-viral meds within the first 48-hours of symptoms appearing so that they can avoid longer-term symptoms and complications. Early treatment is critical.

you cnt get shingles down there an yes i have the same thing except i'm a girl an got them on my thighs an my vagina an i was diagnosed with it yesterday an this is my first out break so my uti triggered it so all i can say is take your medicine an maybe it'll get better kuz i know how it feels

maybe it was jock itch?

You most certainly CAN get shingles in your genital area. Shingles (if left untreated) can really do a number on your nervous system and result in long term pain.. so def. get tested for that!
To the original poster or anyone with similar symptoms, it's not indicative of herpes blisters to kind of 'leak' the puss that the original poster is describing. I know that the herpes blisters can get infected once they burst..especially if you wash too frequently.

Good luck everyone

ive had herpes for 9 years and the sores are still there. i dont have insurance, i live in a small town and dont want alot of poeple to know i have this. what is the most helpfull medicine without going to the docter? the sores dont hurt but i do flare up in spots some months

I had an herpes outbreak about a month ago. I have had herpes for about 15 years and this outbreak only seems to be getting worse. My skin on penis by the head had a small blister that has turn into a large sore that doesn't seem to wanna heal what should I do I am scared because I haven't had sex in over 3 months and with this sore on my penis I don't think I will be having sex again for a while. Will this eventually heal or do I need assistance from a doctor?

I've had a herpes outbreak for the past 6 months now. Every once in a while it is gone for a couple of days, but then it just comes back again. My immune system sucks big time.

The best thing you can do is go to a doctor and get the anti viral medication. Also get lots of sleep, eat healthy and get some exercise (if possible). 

From my experience friction will make it come right back again, so no sex will help. 

You can get Lysine over the counter, it is supposed, it is also quite common in milk and meat and helps boost your immune system. 
Vitamin B helps regenerate skin cells. 

Vitamin C helps boost your general immune system. But the keywords are to avoid stress, friction, bad eating habits, not getting enough sleep, instead eat fruit, veggies, meat, exercise. Get the anti viral stuff from the doctor as it helps a lot of people even if it doesn't help everyone.

I've had herpes for 40 years and in the beginning I had a lot of attacks.  The record was 23 in one year.  For many years lately it's been much better -- maybe 6 attacks/year.   5 months ago I got a boil on the shaft of my penis, which was lanced and healed.  3 months later herpes decided to set up shop around the site of the boil.  I've had mild attacks non-stop for 6 weeks now.  Very small pimples that don't look particularly like vesicles will appear and then resolve in a day or two, leaving just a trace.  I think it's all over and a few days go by and other appears.   I think it's getting better, but this is by far the longest outbreak I've ever had.

I went to a dermatologist today and he diagnosed the problem as folliculitis and prescribed clindamycin phosphate.

I was just recently diagnosed with genital herpes. This is my first outbreak...and it seems pretty bad it took me 4 days to seek medical attetion because I didnt know what it was and never dreamed of it being herpes. The put me on valacyclovir its a ten day. Im currently on day 6 of the medicince and my sores are starting to crust, although it is still painful to urinate im hoping in the next seven days it will start to clear up and not hurt as bad when im urinate. I plan to take lysine to help prevent future outbreaks because this was the least pleasent experince of my life.

I think I am experiencing my first herpes outbreak. Hands down most painful thing of my life. Literally feels like someone burnt me with a lighter and then has literally been taking a pin and sticking it in the wound every 3 seconds for the last 96 hours. They've put me on anti-bacterial meds, herpes meds, dex cream, and cortisone shots and I haven't even come close to healing. I can barely manage to walk, been like that for a week now. I can barely walk from my bed to the bathroom, that's the only walking I've done the past week. They recommended baths, but that literally just makes everything a 100% worse. My skin literally looks like it is just burning off and I have yellow filled "blisters/ clumps" popping up all around my testicles. I haven't had one minute of relief from the pain, please tell me it gets easier because I don't think I can literally handle another week of this.