Hello! I had foot stress fracture some time ago and everything went fine. But, still I want to know what is happening when foot stress fracture doesn't heal properly. I am not too familiar with medicine field and I have heard that you are. I really hope you will be able to answer me this question. Thank you in advance!

Hello! First of all, I am glad that you healed your foot stress fracture. I know how foot stress fracture is painful, believe me. I will try to answer your question best I can: if foot stress fracture does not heal properly, then it is performed surgery. This is happens usually when patient suffers pains and do not visit doctor, so, some other complications occurs (like dislocation of bone, etc).

Well,
I know that foot stress fractures can get really problematic, and especially if your foot stress fracture hasn’t healed properly. I think that in this case you will most likely need a surgery. I know that some foot stress fractures require surgery but most of them can heal without surgery. I think in the surgery they insert an internal fixation, like pins and screws which will help the fracture to heal better. You need to talk to your doctor about this in order to get rid of any further complications with your foot. The healing process this way is longer but it is very effective. I hope that this was helpful.

All the best,
Nelie

I fractured bones in both feet. But long after the x-rays showed them healed, I was still limping. It turned out that all I needed was to EXERCISE them, like flexing them back and forth. So it may be that the bones ARE healed even if limping continues. My doctor didn't think of this - it took a co-worker to solve the problem!