I have been trying to heal what started out as tiny bumps with hard center. when squeezed, tiny seedlike core comes out. Leaves small crater in skin. Makes deep and puffed scab. If removed, bleeding is fairly heavy. Many on and under chin, above eye broq, in both creases of mouth, now spreading all over chest. I have a few that are now sores on forearms, legs, stomach. They itch and burn. I clean with alcohol pads then treat with triple antibiotic ointment. Have also tried Vitamin E because the whole area gets very dry and crusty. First ones on chin have been there over a month. Raw and red.

Those sound quite a bit like you have a lot of ingrown hairs. There is a cream for this that can help you out but if you have things on your body that are not healing quickly then you should see a doctor. Have you talked to a dermatologist about this or anything? I think you need to see one quickly. Keep us posted on what they say okay? ANd please keep treating them with antibiotics so you can keep the wounds clean because it sounds like you do run a higher potential for infection right now.

I have had the same type of bumps on my arms and chest for years. I get what looks like a boil with a whitehead that becomes very painful. If I squeeze it, it extrudes what looks like a white seed and then it bleeds and scabs over. The scab comes off quite easily and never seems to heal. I am talking months drifting into years. I have them all over my upper arms around the shoulder, back of the shoulder and onto my chest. Also, the same thing on the back of my neck. These things have been getting more prevalent and distressing for years. I first thought they were Keratosis Pilaris or some such, but these things just won't go away. The result is that I have dozens of scabs or bloody sores which prevent me from doing ANYTHING which might involve someone seeing my bare upper arms. Does anyone know what these are and what causes them or how to cure them?

My 11 yr old had these. They started in his armpit and spread toward his stomach and back and side. We just kept squeezing the hard core out and applying hydro cortisone cream. His went away. Now my 4 yr old has them and he won't let me squeeze the center out (too painful). I don't know if they'll go away on their own. I have been doing some searching and found molluscum contagiosum.

His are flesh colored and tiny...not as large as some of the pictures on that site, but it seems to be the same thing from the description.

I am going to start giving him some probiotics and echinacea to boost his immune system and am will apply cortisone cream. Let me know if you find something that works, and I'll keep you posted.

You really need to take your children to the doctor. There is no reason not to give your children medical care.

Quote:

I had molluscum contagiosum when I was in kindergarten (im 11 now). They left potholes in my skin that aren't too noticeable but everyday my mom would put the medicine on ductape and stick it to me before I went to bed, and then in the morning she would peel them off. One thing to tell you. If you notice one that is relatively bigger than the others, squeeze it. My mom found it in my left leg under my knee , and she popped it, and all of the other ones died after time.
Hope this helps! :)

I figured it out... I had the same thing, freaked out... it is a coldsore use coldsore cream... or get a black tea bag soak it in hot water for about 25 seconds press onto infected area for about 10 minutes twice a day till healed... you can also go to the health food store and start taking L-lysine, My doctor also gave me meds...VALTREX you can take orally, I guess it's the same meds as patience with the Herpes Virus...

I hope this helps

If you take that you have herpes simplex, not cold sores or it wouldn't fix it. Cold sores don't respond to herpes medication bc they are different. Canker sores are an autoimmune reaction. To the original poster and others, it could be many things so go to a doctor and then research treatment options for your diagnosis. However, I use sulfur ointment for my keratosis and my sun spots. Its very good for a number of skin conditions including acne. I drink lots of water, use a 10% sulfur cream once a week, a body scrub twice a week and jojoba oil daily after showering.

I have these also and my dermatologist said they are another form of foliculitis which is from staph, hence the fact that they spread. It is highly contagious. Mupirocin ointment (I needed an RX for it) is the best treatment for it. I was instructed to use it in the nose with a q-tip and to spot treat my body.  I noticed it got worse whenever I ate sugar, and after doing a lot of research have found that folliculitis is possibly exacerbated by Candida (Candida is also the cause of yeast infections), which is cured by not eating sugar or at least decreasing sugar intake and taking probiotics (acidophilus, etc). Whenever I increase my sugar intake, the folliculitis reoccurs.  

Use drywall or gypsum board available at any Lumber Yard Home Improvment store.  5-bucks should get you a 2X2 square foot piece.  You only need a small one inch piece.  They will try to sell you Drywall screws and Drywall Mud.  Just tell them you already have it and just need the drywall to make a small home repair.

I learned this while working in the construction trades.  I've had the problem for 25 years now.  Just rub a small piece of the white chalk on your sores and watch them dry up and go away.  It won't happen over night but you should see improvement in just a day or two.  This is the jist of it.  I wrote a more detailed story eariler but when I previewed it I could not find where to publish it at so I backed up and the story was gone. 

I know........it sounds strange and maybe a little unconventional but what do you have to lose but some darn nasty sores that never want to heal and it's a cheap fix. 

Hum can I reply to my own post? Update. What the drywall does is dry out the sore but.........I just tried using Calamine Lotion instead and it works much better. It will dry out the sore which you really need after picking them. It appears to be working on healing the sore. Give it a try.

I have the same thing, and would like to know what might be the cause. I noticed in August while boating that the same area of my arm where the sun was shinning on it started to hurt.

Cold sores are herpes simplex and yes an antiviral herpes medication would treat cold sores but it doesn't sound like its herpes that this person has..

I am an RN, cold sores are caused by the virus that causes herpes. The medication works for both. I don'tmean to be rude but you really should look up your facts before you say things. Normally I don't comment on boards but I did not want your post to mislead others.

I have the same thing as you and have asked my Doctor, she can not give me an answer for it. Offered to send me to a skin specialist, but I can't affor the co-pay for a specialist nor the gas to go 50 miles to get there. Plus the last time I went to a skin specialist, he gave me Hydrocortisone cream and said wear gloves to bed (no help at all). I have tried , Benadryl, Benadryl cream, Antibiotic Ointment, Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Hydrocortisone Cream, Hydrogen Peroxide, Rubbing Alcohol, all kinds of moistureizers and they just come back no matter what I do!