3 weeks ago i started a workout and i wanted to jump rope for cardio,due to 6 months prior got shin splints jogging,i thought to myself ill try something different to get my cardio.So yes 3 week ago i started jumping rope for 3 days in a row,then the following day i couldnt do nothing due to my shins hurting and becoming painful.So now 3 weeks forward i been walking and streching more for recover and getting myself back to working order,how do i know i have recovered from shin splints,its been 4 weeks now? all im doing now is walking for 1 hour and streching 5-8 min prior,what can i do to recover faster any tips will help?

Hi! The healing time depends on what's causing your shin splints. People also heal at different rates, three to six months is not unusual. The most important thing is not to rush back into your sport. If you start exercising before your shin splints have healed, you hurt yourself permanently. Your shin splints are fully healed when: your injured leg is as flexible as your other leg; your injured leg feels as strong as your other leg; your can jog, sprint, and jump without pain; your X-rays are normal or show any stress fractures have healed. I hope this helps. Take care.