Question for anyone here who has had either:

1) a stress fracture
2) a broken bone (anywhere)
3) both

not current, but one that has already healed up. Does the cold bother you ever, like make the site ache? I am starting to worry that I may have refractured the bad leg, because it has been hurting, although not as painfully as when I did it the first time, for over a week now, more a nagging reminder of the misery that once was. I'm hoping it's just the weather, [science geek moment] I know that bone is living tissue and thus expands due to barometric pressure [/science geek moment] and that I can always tell when it's going to rain, but this pain has been consistent. Should I worry yet?

No, my former stress fracture never bothers me now even though I take it out and pound on it for miles every day. Took a long time to get to the point where it didn't hurt any more though.

My broken and then healed collarbone complains on occasion during major atmospheric pressure changes.

I have had lots of broken bones. Yes, the weather can effect them. The doc also told me to expect arthritis.

1 - except my leg

My stress fracture sites took until this winter to stop hurting in the cold. Other fractures, sprains, and some "itis" issues still hurt when it's cold. Vioxx helps, but only for a few weeks at a time. Plus it costs so much it's not worth it.

Well, that's somewhat comforting. I haven't run in over a week and no matter what shoes I wear it hurts.....I might try to run a short one tomorrow and see what happens. If it is refractured, I will have six l-o-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-g weeks on the bench to heal after surgery anyhow so hopefully that will be enough.

Sigh. Gettin' old is a beeyotch. :(

Well, if it's really tender when you press on it don't run on it until you see someone. Seriously, if I have learned ANYTHING from years of beating myself up (figuratively, not literally here, people) it's that stress fractures are the worst to heal and the easiest to reinjure.

That's unfortunately one of the reasons I can no longer run more than 4 days a week. Usually more like three if I push distance. Be careful.