In one of his latest interviews Wikileaks' Julian Assange has openly called not only Facebook, but the whole internet as just another method intelligence services use to track all of us, and what he thinks the worst part is - we are the ones who are just giving out our most personal information. So Google and Facebook are just prolonged hands of CIA or whichever agency, and we are all just giving in.

Well, I don't think that this much paranoia is doing any good either. If you are regular, decent person - who in the world cares about your facebook. I mean, c'mon all top secret agencies, I'll give you my own facebook as a bonus - as if there is anything so cool and top secret there :D

There you go G-men, add me :) facebook.com/s.nicksy I'm not afraid anymore :)

How do you feel about having your personal info posted online?

Celebrity
  LOL :-)

I am not afraid of the big brother .... I mean it's not just FB and google - what about telephones? "They" are watching us for the past 50 (or more years), so basically not much has changed, (except people are posting awful pictures and statuses on FB and not realizing not everyone wants to know dirty details from their lives... )

Also, what does CIA gain by knowing who my FB are? And what does Google gain by knowing what do i search on G? - I mean they are showing ads anyway (and, big G - I do not click on them )

Probably my FB account will make a difference if I win a lottery for US green card - I knew I shouldn't liked the swastika inside the EU flag :-|  

Celebrity
p.s
N, added you :)

Thank for the add Taya :D Now we're out in the open.... who knows what might happen next... :-|

Did either of you think about the possibility that some lamer might get to all this data.... end of the world girls! Not just your comments and pics - credit cards, property... everything cold be gone just like that. And Zuckerberg is like the one who we should trust to watch over our most vital information? That A-hole?

Celebrity
till death do us part ... or at least till I close my fb account again :D

omgworldistarded >> what are you talking about?? credit cards, property? WTF?

Like you never clicked "I Agree" on at least one FB app! Farmville will get your soul :D By doing that you agree to give all your info stored with FB to third party company like Zynga... and who is controlling them? At least there are people like Assange who are brave enough to speak about what is going on in this messed up world!

Celebrity
Assange - I agree with you on that. and total respect to Assange!!!

yes, clicked on I agree - but they never sucked me in. I mean you do have to be a m***n to grow cabbage on FB?? come on  I have better things to do then taking care of animals and vegetables on FB ...

Zynga is as controlled as any other company in US ...

but I get your point - they hacked the info of playstation users, so yes, anything can happen, and I assume PlayStation should have better security than Zynga... but, hey - internet is not safe:
A) take as it is
B) unplug
C) keep the money in your socks

I play Zynga game. Still no one has robbed me, threatened to take my actual house... no FBI wanted posters with my face on it... What am I doing wrong :)
Oh, I guessed it - you do have some control on info you share on FB... would you believe it :D BUt you have to pay attention to that and that is where omgworld... was poinitng to - most people just click "I agree" - see the latest South park episode if you don't believe me :)

facebook can be very shady at times, we'll never kno

It definitely can Arostot - you find one good thing and you get at least 10 nasty ones. But, I always prefer to know what is going on than to just shut everything off because something might happen. IT's either that or I either I have very dark sense of humor :D

at least till I close my fb account again :D