Just thought I'd give people something to think about during the coming long weekend... BTW I used to think I wanted a profession - turns out all I really wanted was a paycheck... What Your Profession Says About You Marketing - you are ambitious yet stupid. You chose a marketing degree to avoid having to study in college, concentrating instead on drinking and socializing which is pretty much what your job responsibilities are now. Least compatible with sales. Sales - laziest of all signs, often referred to as "marketing without a degree." you are also self-centered and paranoid. Unless someone calls you and begs you to take their money, you like to avoid contact with customers so you can "concentrate on the big picture." you seek admiration for your golf game throughout your life. Technology - unable to control anything in your personal life, you are instead content to completely control everything that happens at your workplace. Often even you don't understand what you are saying but who the hell can tell. It is written that geeks shall inherit the earth. Engineering - one of only two signs that actually studied in school. It is said that ninety percent of all personal ads are placed by engineers. You can be happy with yourself; your office is full of all the latest "ergo dynamic" gadgets. However, we all know what is really causing your "carpal tunnel syndrome." Accounting - the only other sign that studied in school. You are mostly immune from office politics. You are the most feared person in the organization; combined with your extreme organizational traits, the majority of rumors concerning you say that you are completely insane. Human Resources - ironically, given your access to confidential information, you tend to be the biggest gossip within the organization. Possibly the only other person that does less work than marketing, you are unable to return any calls today because you have to get a haircut, have lunch and then mail a letter. Management/Middle Management - catty, cut-throat, yet completely spineless, you are destined to remain at your current job for the rest of your life. Unable to make a single decision you tend to measure your worth by the number of meetings you can schedule for yourself. Best suited to marry other "middle managers" as everyone in your social circle is a "middle manager." Senior Management - (see above - same sign, different title) Customer service - bright, cheery, positive, you are a fifty-cent cab ride from taking your own life. As children very few of you asked your parents for a little cubicle for your room and a headset so you could pretend to play "customer service." continually passed over for promotions, your best bet is to sleep with your manager. Consultant - lacking any specific knowledge, you use acronyms to avoid revealing your utter lack of experience. You have convinced yourself that your "skills" are in demand and that you could get a higher paying job with any other organization in a heartbeat. You will spend an eternity contemplating these career opportunities without ever taking direct action. Recruiter, "headhunter" - as a "person" that profits from the success of others, you are disdained by most people who actually work for a living. Paid on commission and susceptible to alcoholism, your ulcers and frequent heart attacks correspond directly with fluctuations in the stock market. Partner, president, ceo - you are brilliant or lucky. Your inability to figure out complex systems such as the fax machine suggest the latter. Government worker - paid to take days off. Government workers are genius inventors, like the invention of new holidays. They usually suffer from deep depression or anxiety and usually commit serious crimes while on the job... thus the term "go postal

Accounting - the only other sign that studied in school. You are mostly immune from office politics. You are the most feared person in the organization; combined with your extreme organizational traits, the majority of rumors concerning you say that you are completely insane.

Sweet! I scare people, and they think I'm nuts! I love it!

Usually the response I get when I go to a meeting, is uh oh it s the accounting guy.
Jury still deliberating on the insane part

whew...po po not on the list...although gov't employees, their rules do not apply to us.

Technology - unable to control anything in your personal life, you are instead content to completely control everything that happens at your workplace.

They say the sign of genious is a messy environment.

Often even you don't understand what you are saying but who the hell can tell. It is written that geeks shall inherit the earth.

Geeks shall inherit the earth.

Or at least the geeks will make the earth their workplace and control everything. Oh, we already do control the earth.

Just think RLAG, 90% of the personal ads are by engineers. You would have a lot in common with them...You know, you could hold that pole while he measures, or discuss working loads or foundations I beam support stuff.

Wonder what the description for a crappy office data entry slave would be...oh, wait, i just described myself.

w00t! I'm Customer Service married to Government Worker.

Doom! Dooooooom!

Mine just says I was too lazy to go to college.

hmmmm...nothing said about scientists... :?

Or therapists. We're obviously above such scales, no? ;)

Or therapists. We're obviously above such scales, no? ;) you betcha! :thumbsup:

Partner, president, ceo-you are brilliant or lucky. Your inability to figure out complex systems such as the fax machine reflects the latter. I agree, brilliant or lucky, depends on the day. But I can do the fax machine, it's the copy machine..............that thing is an instrument of the devil I swear.

Middle Management for me! Since Mrs Boiler has to manage 2 little tricycle motors right now this is about right.

Engineering - one of only two signs that actually studied in school. It is said that ninety percent of all personal ads are placed by engineers. You can be happy with yourself; your office is full of all the latest "ergo dynamic" gadgets. However, we all know what is really causing your "carpal tunnel syndrome." AND I'm a government worker. OK, time to go back to sleep at my desk while I think about my cyber-date tonight.