Okay peeps... it's been a bit quiet here and also, yeah, I noticed that this forum is mostly technical stuff about which makeup and products you like and stuff like that. Anyways I thought it would be fun to do a little something different... Can we talk about who the most beautiful person in your country (or home country or country of residence if you're an immigrant) is, as you perceive them, and why? Because this is a beauty forum I thought we should talk about women mostly but of course men are okay to discuss too, some folks like Jefree Star definitely use a lot of makeup and that stuff. Then again it's not makeup that makes you beautiful. Good skincare definitely plays a role. The most well proportioned face isn't going to be beautiful if its owner neglects skincare :). But then there's the person themselves. Mmm... Don't know really, this is a pretty complex topic.

Okay then me first. I'm British and to me Emma Watson is very pretty... got both strong and gentle features, both innocence and a look of determination, just a very beautiful perfect face, gorgeous hair... just love her!

Jennifer Lawrence is another person whose look I really like, just sayin'.

You?

Oh, I agree that this is a very interesting topic. What people answer, of course, says more about the people who are answering than it does about the people being discussed as attractive or less so.

I mean, I saw some documentary recently in which a plastic surgeon talked about the perfect balance, how his job is making people look more balanced. In the end, what results is people who all look the same. That's boring. Perfect faces are boring. It's the little flaws that make people interesting. And something else: people of all ages and shapes and ethnicities can be beautiful in different ways, so that I refuse to name drop, to say who is more beautiful than another. Everyone is beautiful in their own way, and I really mean that.

This is entirely subjective, I agree with the previous poster. Just for fun, I looked a couple of random lists of most beautiful women in the world. The results are interesting. For instance...
List 1: Pia Wurzbach, Emilia Clarke, Adriana Lima, Priyanka Chopra, Amber Heard, Im Jin-ah... and some more.
List 2: Nina Dobrev, Emmannuele Chriqui, Jessica Alba, Dianna Agron, Monica Belluci, Olivia Wilde, and others.
List 3: Selena Gomez, Liza Soberano, Sandra Bullock, Gabrielle Union, Vanessa Hudgens, Anne Hathaway, and more.

As you see, these lists have so little in common with each other and are of course written by people with subjective opinions, not based on research. All these women (the ones I have heard of anyway) are beautiful I think. In very different ways though.

I don't know!!! I don't mind a little bit of a wrinkled face, that can be quite charming! It gives a person character and you see whether they've mostly been frowning or smiling the last couple of decades. I don't like it when people have angry resting faces. Or dissatisfied faces. When their teeth are rotten or missing I do notice but try not to judge though I do find it displeasing, visually. Really obese people are not attractive to me either though they can still be beautiful people. I find acne not nice but even worse when it is covered up with lots of concealer and really obvious. The worst is when people have had obvious plastic surgery and look like Michael Jackson.

Cool question. Really thought provoking... I just don't know, to be honest. I can think of all sorts of beautiful people, I think Leona Lewis looks amazing, them Meagan Good is attractive in a whole different kind of way, oh, Zoe Saldana, Gabrielle Union too... Is that enough? I like a combination between beautiful features and a delicate but strong energy if that make sense... I like women you can admire, who look like they'd hold their own through times of trouble, strong is attractive, you know? Not just their looks but also their personality is what counts and shines through in their looks in a way, but not looking just at their proportions, etc, so I disagree with the whole "plastic surgery perfect" thing.

I am from the Netherlands and to be honest with you, I think the Dutch are pretty plain. They don't have any outstanding features as a whole. Of course there are some pretty people about, but I think we're pretty ordinary. The only noticeable thing is they are really tall :). I can honestly say the same thing about myself as well. There is nothing special about me.

I used to think Rutger Hauer was OK looking in his younger years, although he is just a plain old blond with blue eyes fella. And a lady that I can think of as quite pretty is Katja Schuurman but I think she has some Portugese blood. And there is, oh, that lady who in X-men, Famke Jansen I think. She is pretty, or rather there was something coo about her.

Ah, but you see, the Dutch only look plain to you because you see them every day, because that is "normal" to you. Statistically on a global level, very tall people with blond hair and blue eyes are exceedingly hard to come by! Of course when more of the same is all around you, it doesn't seem to special.

And that is exactly part of what's wrong with this question! :) We only think people from other places are exotic, etc, and not people from our own regions!

This is a trick question, right??? For one I'm from an immigrant family so I'm not sure how to reply to this, like what's my country for the purposes of this question? Secondly I just don't like name calling. I will say though that I do like the trend away from only super skinny celebrities and towards more rounded out, normal looking women in acting and modeling. This encourages other young women to not go for the anorexic look as well and that can only be a great thing. I also like seeing more people of different ethnicities everywhere. Like that new Victoria's Secret model, she looks really nice.